Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Don't you just hate it when...

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  RTR stroker 
#1 ·
Don't you just hate it when people come up to you and ask if your truck is a 6.0 and you say yes and the first question out of their mouth is "Had any issues with the motor?" I had a guy working overtime yesterday at my station and sure as $h** he saw my truck and asked. I told him everything that I have done to it and what was next on my list. He then proceeds to tell me that the 6.0's are terrible and how they are the worst motor ever made. So I corrected him and filled him in on the fixable issues and he stopped talking for a minute then says that the 5.9 cummins is the best motor ever made and how our transmission is supposed to be replaced every 120k miles I guess saying they are disposable. And that dodge's trans is so much better. I quickly realized he was not wanting to learn just bashing so I gave up and walked on.

#3 ·
I love idiots like those... Because most of them have zero experience with them and people that are afraid to buy these trucks make them very affordable for everyone else

#4 ·
yea ZERO experience whats so ever...I was telling him about doing an EGR delete and he said uhhh is that like the transmission cooler? :doh:

#6 ·
Lol the guy was apparently an idiot if he thought a dodge transmission was better than any other brand. You could probably take the transmission out of a Toyota Tacoma and stick it behind a diesel and it last longer than a dodge tranny! But to answer your question, yes I really do hate when people see the truck and automatically ask about problems with it. It happens to me all the time when I'm refueling.

#7 ·
as far as the 5.9 cummins, the same could be said about the 7.3 engine, great engines, both of them. but rmemeber there is zero emissions devices on the 5.9 and the 7.3, no egr coolers, or dps, or def fluid.
My bro in law bought a new 2008 dodge 3500 with the new 6.7. that truck broke down on him more times than he could count! The DPF would clog with soot and the truck would stop, leaving him stranded, he had the dealer buy it back under the Lemon Law. the 6.0 aint perfect, but with the recommended upgrades and regular maintenance it should be a strong, reliable engine.

#8 ·
HAHA this is great! A friend of mine has a 07 dodge hemi, big horn or something like that. its quick but i showed him at the track its about a sec. and a half slower than mine was at the time. He's a money bags type of guy. So he went and bought a 96 12 valve that was built, i mean tranny done, cam, right down to the powder coated coil springs. Pretty truck, but i walked that too, in my tow tune! lol so he bought a new turbo for it, still walked him, new nossels(sp), and delivery valves, I'm barely gettin him, but i still am. shew So i ordered a MAD stage 2, just to keep on top for sure. Found out he ordered a piping kit for twins and a second turbo. I was planning on throwing my hands up, bc i gotta tow 10k just about daily with mine. He called me yesterday, and said tranny was acting funny, then he called back a few hrs later. Metal all in the trans fluid. YOU CAN KEEP YOU DODGES!

#9 ·
I love those people, he sounds like the guy I bought my truck from at a steal...sucker.:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG

#10 ·
hey guys im new here so my appologies if i mess this up, but i just traded my 06 6.0 and the one guy i work with has a cummins and was always riding me about having a 6.0. while i had no issues with it. granted i did a egr delete and was good on the maintenance, he went through 2 lift pumps, 1 injector pump, a pcm, all of the front end components etc. but i had a pos in his eyes, while he wouldnt take his truck more than an hour from home since he didnt trust it!

#11 ·
Yea i have a buddy that has also gone through 2 lift pumps and 1 injector pump and he always tries to talk sh** about my 6.0, oh and he had to dump $3500 for a new trans on his 5.9 cummins but yet he always has something to say about a 6.0.....its just the way cummins owners are lol

#12 ·
yeah thats funny. he paid close to 2000 on just the pcm and the reflash! but his truck was better haha! so now i have a 6.4 and im saving for an h&s. maybe then his almighty 5.9 with an edge tuner can be silenced!

#14 ·
very true!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.