How much should I offer for this truck? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 04:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How much should I offer for this truck?

Hey guys, was looking for some input on a diesel truck I have my eye on..

Its here

I imagine the oil cooler is gonna have problems, not sure why else it would be so cheap. I want a 6.4 but they cost too much at this point, should I hop into this 6.0 and bullet proof it? Or wait and save a few more months for a 6.4?

Thx everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2012, 05:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I just paid $16,000 for a 2004 F 450 flat bed crew cab 4x4. It has 106,000. I shopped and compared and mine was setup for a goose neck which was what I was looking for. It was listed for $17,995 at a dealer.

I have a 6.4 in a company truck and they have good power. It isn't as noisy as the 6.0 because of the injectors buzzing away. But 6.0 did great pulling a goose neck with a 7000 LB tractor on it. Night and day compared to my old 6.9 L Ford diesel.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:46 AM
War is the answer!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmer View Post
I just paid $16,000 for a 2004 F 450 flat bed crew cab 4x4. It has 106,000. I shopped and compared and mine was setup for a goose neck which was what I was looking for. It was listed for $17,995 at a dealer.

I have a 6.4 in a company truck and they have good power. It isn't as noisy as the 6.0 because of the injectors buzzing away. But 6.0 did great pulling a goose neck with a 7000 LB tractor on it. Night and day compared to my old 6.9 L Ford diesel.
When did you pay that because that is a bit much. I only paid 10,000 for mine at about the same miles.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:50 AM
War is the answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa77ss View Post
Hey guys, was looking for some input on a diesel truck I have my eye on..

Its here

I imagine the oil cooler is gonna have problems, not sure why else it would be so cheap. I want a 6.4 but they cost too much at this point, should I hop into this 6.0 and bullet proof it? Or wait and save a few more months for a 6.4?

Thx everyone
There is no way to tell what visiting the cooler is in unless they tell you it's bad or you put a monitor on it. It's hard to say what it's worth online without knowing. At least for me I would need to go look at it and drive it before I even considered entertaining any offer.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thx for the input, Ill see if I can borrow my buddies monitor to check it out. So I should let it warm up and run about 65mph and see if the delta between ect and eot is more than 15* right? Besides that, oil leaks, degas bottle? Make sure it rides good. If i pick this truck up i need a shop in va to do the bullet proofing
Old 06-12-2012, 06:08 AM
War is the answer!

I would borrow one if you can. Run around 65 for a good 15-20 minuets after the eot is at 190 and keep am eye one what the difference between the eot and the eot is. Also make a note as to the level of the coolant in.the Degas bottle is after it's warmed up. Should be about half an inch to one inch below the low level if the bottle hasn't been updated. You should open.the Degas bottle.after driving.it to see if you can see or smell diesel in the coolant. look for.oil leaks but that's about all your going to be able to.do unless they give it to you overnight. My dealer gave it to me for the weekend but they are all different. You might be able to get a warranty for a different company. I don't know anything about that though I never had warranty.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
When did you pay that because that is a bit much. I only paid 10,000 for mine at about the same miles.
Well then things are going normal for me LOL. My guide lines were pretty narrow; crew cab, 4x4, manual tranny, goose neck ready, no rust (I'm in the rust belt) and most importantly - wife was on board and I didn't want to mess that up. Really cheap financing too.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quick NADA check shows Clean Retail is 21,675 and Clean Trade-In is 17,850. I paid just over clean trade-in value for mine last fall.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:26 PM

I have the same truck minus the upfitter switches and sunroof.
I have 44K miles, $18K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.