Project Frankenstein has begun.. - Page 13 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 05:18 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
has it been 2 or 3 months now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner6.0L View Post
has it been 2 or 3 months now?
OUCH!
Old 10-24-2012, 05:57 PM
Drivin the 6.mOney pit

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Yeah coming up on 3 months. I am hoping I will have it back sometime soon. The FASS just got installed the last time I was there. We were waiting on some black loom for the painless wiring harness which should have been there last week. We have pretty much everything now so the only thing holding us up is getting the check engine light figured out. Keep in mind that NOBODY has got this thing working yet so we will be the first. Yes it sucks a$$ that it has been 3 months and I am still out of a truck though. I did not think it would take this long when I dropped it off but we have had a few setbacks along the way(oil pan broke during shipping, wiring harness that got sent back with nothing done to if after FordCummins had it for 3 weeks). I am not making any excuses for the shop but these things take time. I am heading down there tomorrow to check the status and I will post when I get back.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:05 PM
Drivin the 6.mOney pit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Addict View Post
Awesome project man! I have been wanting to do this same swap with my 06 for a long time, the only difference is i would be using my stock ZF6, same engine though. My head gaskets are going even with studs (they are BO too) A piece of advice I can offer is with all the reseach i have done I would contact Destroked about parts and wiring. I have heard issues with Fordcummins, nice guys to deal with, they just cut corners sometimes. I talked to them when I did a 4bt swap in a 95 F-250. They werent a lot of help but I called Destroked and they answered all my questions. The difference is I am in PA and as long as its a Diesel there is no emissions, so that would be harder to work around. Where did you find the doner truck? Good Luck man, can't wait to see it done!Maybe I'll get lucky and be able to follow you here before too long.

Thanks man. I have used all destroked parts other than the painless wiring harness. I am not happy at all with how FordCummins dealt with my situation. You should have a way easier time since you don't have to deal with emissions.

As far as the donor truck, I found a used engine on craigslist for dirt cheap. I couldnt believe what I got it for. It came out of an 07 truck with only 62k miles on it. I got the motor for $5,300 shipped. Just keep an eye out and you can find a deal.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:32 AM
Drivin the 6.mOney pit

Ok so I decided to do a few more things to it. The parts are ordered and should be there Monday hopefully. I am doing some ARP's.

They have not made any progress at all in the past two weeks. The cab got put back on and the truck got rolled outside so they could use the rack for another truck. Was not happy about that at all because if my truck is rolled outside, that means it is not getting worked on. The progress is supposed to resume this next week.

Last edited by armyguy209; 02-05-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyguy209 View Post
Ok so I decided to do a few more things to it. The parts are ordered and should be there Monday hopefully. I am putting in all Hamilton stuff: Cam 188/220, 110# valve springs, extreme duty push rods, and tappets. I am also doing some ARP's. Just planning ahead which will help with my future mods of some injectors and compound turbos down the road.

They have not made any progress at all in the past two weeks. The cab got put back on and the truck got rolled outside so they could use the rack for another truck. Was not happy about that at all because if my truck is rolled outside, that means it is not getting worked on. The progress is supposed to resume this next week.
That's sucks, I know that feel. I had an 80's camaro ripped apart sitting outside in the shops yard for 1 yr until I showed up with the cops and flatbed when I found out that piece of chit owner spent the cash I gave him for the big block motor on himself. Don't give those guys 1 penny until the job is done. Are u gonna have them take apart the top end to install those parts? The more I read ur thread the more pissed off I get on my experience. I'd love to have a cummins, even the easier 12v , but I don't want to go through that mess again. I'm either going to add a crate 6.0 with studs already installed or just trade the truck in when my 6.0 takes a dump. Good luck OP
Old 11-03-2012, 07:19 AM
Drivin the 6.mOney pit

Yeah I feel ya. It's not like that. I was just pumped when I saw it sitting outside with the cab back on thinking that they got it running. Then to find out it was pushed out so that they could have room for another truck was really disappointing.

Yes they are going to put all the parts in as well so the cab is going to have to come back off anyways. I just hope that when they do it this time, that they won't stop till it's done. The 13th of this month will be 4 months. I was promised that everything would be done right and that I would be driving it before the end of the year. I have no doubt that they will hold to that, hopefully sooner.

When it's all said and done..it will all be worth it.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:40 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpleman87 View Post
If I'm not mistaken ford does own a percentage of Cummings so you wouldn't be wrong, or you can just slap a peterbilt sticker and call it a day.
UH.... THAT WOULD BE NO! AND IT'S CUMMINS...NOT CUMMINGS.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:29 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
So....Past 4 months... Any updates on this beast of an engine
Old 11-20-2012, 08:30 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick C View Post
AND IT'S CUMMINS...NOT CUMMINGS.
Oh it's CumminGs ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.