Intro/mods - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to Bluedemon6.0
Talking Intro/mods

Hello to all . Im in need of some subject matter expert advice. So I guess I have to settle for y'all. just kidding, no really just kidding. I purchased a 04 psd last year and have been gone over seas for the past year. While I was gone my wife had a few issues with the truck, so needless to say I had a lot of work done on the truck. I also realized that 95% of the guys on this org are more knowledgeable then the ford's service. I had a few things replaced such as both batterys, alternator, Ficm, and egr valve. While I was home on leave I installed gauges, straight piped the exhaust, installed Afe intake manifold, and unfortunately installed a s&b cold air intake. Since I have been home I installed a coolant filter and b/c I had green coolant and my delta was 35* I did a coolant flush hoping to get the eot down . Well needless to say after flush I still had 25 delta. So since I have the turbo off and the top of the engine exposed I figured I would modd it properly. I plan on putting arp studs in with stock hg, cleaning turbo with batomwheel upgrade, egr delete, elc coolant, fuel spring upgrade, oe oil cooler replacement, and at least a case of Samuel Adams . Now saying all that,is there anything I missed that I might want to consider? I ordered all the required tools and parts according to the stickys and threads. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2012, 06:26 PM
The Silent Service

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You have a good start. You will want to also address the turbo oil and return lines while you have the turbocharger out of there. I would also add a monitor to supplement the gauges, and if you don't mind, let us know what gauges you installed. Reason I suggest the monitor is the monitoring of FICM Voltage (one of many injector failure root causes) and pulling of DTCs without taking the truck into Ford.

For reference:
Write Up: Bullet-Proofing the 6.0L PSD.

As always, keep us posted.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Serving Our Country!

Hey colo, I double posted and have no idea how to delete. I ordered the turbo drain tube and already have the supply line upgraded. I also have the 3 in 1 pod glow shift gauge and a scan gauge. I have a diablo programmer but I just use it to pull dtcs. I plan on getting Efi live, maybe next year. Thanks
Old 06-05-2012, 07:03 PM
The Silent Service

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I would get the diablo programmer out of the truck, or at least only hook it up when you are looking to pull codes. I don't think its worth having in there and I was told you could pull DTCs off the Scanguage, maybe I'm wrong.

What are you running in the 3-in-1 glow shift?
For tuning a 6.0L, I'd only go with the SCT X3 or SF3 - reason for that is the SCT can tune the transmission and not rely on the transmission to adapt to the new power. Longevity of the transmission is key, as more trans parameters are altered by most tuners than the motor.

Any questions, let me know.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:14 PM
Serving Our Country!

I have boost, trans temp, and egt on the glow shift pod. Thanks for the advice on the programmer I only use the diablo programmer to scan codes and my scan gauge does not pick up any codes but is a great monitor. They advertise the scan gauge can read codes but mine won't. Thanks
Old 06-06-2012, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedemon6.0 View Post
Hey colo, I double posted and have no idea how to delete. I ordered the turbo drain tube and already have the supply line upgraded. I also have the 3 in 1 pod glow shift gauge and a scan gauge. I have a diablo programmer but I just use it to pull dtcs. I plan on getting Efi live, maybe next year. Thanks
You planning on tuning a Chebby? SCT is the only way to go with a 6.0. The Batmowheel will only drop into an 03 turbo unless you have some work done on the compressor housing so you might want to rethink that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.