Intro/mods - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 04:10 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to Bluedemon6.0
Talking Intro/mods

Hello to all . Im in need of some subject matter expert advice. So I guess I have to settle for y'all. just kidding, no really just kidding. I purchased a 04 psd last year and have been gone over seas for the past year. While I was gone my wife had a few issues with the truck, so needless to say I had a lot of work done on the truck. I also realized that 95% of the guys on this org are more knowledgeable then the ford's service. I had a few things replaced such as both batterys, alternator, Ficm, and egr valve. While I was home on leave I installed gauges, straight piped the exhaust, installed Afe intake manifold, and unfortunately installed a s&b cold air intake. Since I have been home I installed a coolant filter and b/c I had green coolant and my delta was 35* I did a coolant flush hoping to get the eot down . Well needless to say after flush I still had 25 delta. So since I have the turbo off and the top of the engine exposed I figured I would modd it properly. I plan on putting arp studs in with stock hg, cleaning turbo with batomwheel upgrade, egr delete, elc coolant, fuel spring upgrade, oe oil cooler replacement, and at least a case of Samuel Adams . Now saying all that,is there anything I missed that I might want to consider? I ordered all the required tools and parts according to the stickys and threads. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Turbo feed and drain lines... Also, there is nothing wrong with the S&B intake... AFE and S&B are both great brands
Old 06-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Serving Our Country!

Thanks six0, I'll get that on order.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you're doing studs, it would be a good time to add the upgraded standpipes and dummy plugs to your list.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Serving Our Country!

Thanks l&b. The head gaskets come with new standby pipes but since I have never opened this engine valve cover I have no idea if the updated dummy plugs are installed. I figured if I needed them I would run down to the local dealer and pickup a set. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
well just as a piece of mind way id say order the new ones anyway just incase you get in there and need them you dont have to scramble to find some. oh yeah and while you got it all apart you may want to do the blue fuel pressure spring upgrade if not done already
Old 06-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Serving Our Country!

Hey thanks strokedoutlaw. I have no idea about the blue fuel spring but I got one coming. I will probably get the dummy plugs just to be on the safe side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.