Performance Truck Products/GOGO Diesel - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry Performance Truck Products/GOGO Diesel

CAUTION!!!!!!

My 2005 6.0l intake manifold developed a crack. I decided to go with an after market modified manifold instead of stock. I contacted Performance Truck Products about the GOGO Diesel manifolds, none in stock two weeks to get one, quicker if I sent mine in to be machined. Performance gave me the address to ship to, come to find out Doug has told Eric to ship directly to the machine shop not this address. Doug doesn’t go to this address very often. He went there a full week after it was delivered, no one could locate my manifold. Now I’m two weeks into it. Doug looked around for 3-4 days but it could not be found. To Doug’s credit he offered to machine one he had on hand, but it would take another 3 weeks before he could get to it. My truck is a driven daily at my business; I cannot be without a truck this long, therefore, going back to a stock replacement. Here’s the point, in my personal opinion, be very careful doing business with these people. If you have the time to wait a month or two you’ll be OK, if not your “F’ed”.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2012, 09:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
everyone on the forums is now going to be very careful doing business with php because you posted this. sarcasm intended.

better ways to handle the situation

have some class.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Both PTP and Doug disclose very openly that these are custom pieces and theres a several week lead time
Old 06-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If you need your truck back on the road ASAP, then why on earth did you order a piece requiring custom CNC machining, the go through a 3rd party rather than going straight to Doug in the first place. Sorry bud, this one is on you.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:57 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I have two spare manifolds...you should have asked around before putting your rig down.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:45 PM

Well first off lets get the facts straight,

You called wanting a GoGo manifold for your truck. We explained the wait time would be 1.5 - 2 weeks. You wanted to see if shipping your manifold to Doug directly would make it faster ( keep in mind there are other customers who ordered before you ) sending it to him directly will not put you in front of other customers. It only helps when we are short on cores.

Now, since we established that let's be honest here. You didn't want to pay for the service up front ( standard for all custom order or made parts ) and you wanted to ship yours to Doug first. That's fine, but I explained to you that no work would be performed until it was paid for. You asked for the address to Dougs shop not the address to the machinist shop so that is the address you were given (not knowing this is what you wanted it for ). Either way it would have made its way to where it needed to go. How ever since you wanted to ship it your self and do so with out paying for the manifold your responsible for the shipping errors not PTP. You shipped your manifold via UPS and it took you over a week to get us a tracking # to confirm it was even shipped.

Now that leads us to the next problem, UPS didn't deliver your package to the correct address ( not the one we gave you ). The address is in the same business complex as Dougs shop but there is also 50 other buildings in this complex. The signed for name isn't an employee of Dougs either. We checked with the leasing office to see is they could locate that name and it turned up nothing. So with out us having done the shipping, your shipment not even being delivered to the address on the label and you not paying for the service there was really nothing we could do for you.

You called us and screamed at me and demanded I give you a core manifold, I again reminded you we were never paid for a service or arranged any shipping and have no idea if you really even sent anything to Doug that you needed to speak to UPS and file a claim for your package. We are in no way what so ever responsible for this. We again to recap were not paid for it, never saw it, laid a hand on it or even shipped it out.

The problem isn't PTP messing this transaction up, because there was no transaction that took place. For you to blame us for UPS losing your manifold and complain about customer service of which no service was paid for is quite possibly the most outlandish accusation I have come across since working for PTP. I will leave your post here so I can illustrate all the important details to the story you seemed to have left out.

Thanks

Last edited by Eric@PTP; 06-08-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
So he basically tried to get around having to wait like everybody else and sent it to the wrong address, and that's PTP's fault? Yeah, sounds about right, damn Eric, why do you have to screw up these transactions that in essence you weren't a part of? (anyone sensing the sarcasm in this post?)
Old 06-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
HAHAHAHAHAHA

This is comical...

OP: Get a life
Do the process correctly or you get "F'ed"
Old 06-08-2012, 04:08 PM

The plot thickens. Well, not really. There's nothing to thicken. PTP and Dave was not involved. So that being said, I like FedEx better than UPS.
And dang Eric, you guys even did a little investigating to try to find the guys package. Case closed
Old 06-08-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
So he basically tried to get around having to wait like everybody else and sent it to the wrong address, and that's PTP's fault? Yeah, sounds about right, damn Eric, why do you have to screw up these transactions that in essence you weren't a part of? (anyone sensing the sarcasm in this post?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six0~Stroker View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHA

This is comical...

OP: Get a life
Do the process correctly or you get "F'ed"
Honestly it could have worked if UPS got it to the address on the label, how ever he still would have had to pay up front before it would get touched. But really when you do things this way everything is out of our control and we have no say so in a package we didn't ship. Also in effort to speed the process up it didn't do anything but delay it even further.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
performance truck prod.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.