question about looney tune - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2012, 04:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
question about looney tune

hey guys, bought me an sct a couple weeks agoo and installed the looney tune on my truck. At first it was incredible, half throttle would put me back in my seat. I have probably put 200-300 miles on it now though And it seems tonhave lost its spunk, full throttle doesnt even feel like what half throttle used to. Anyone else experience this? Also, truck has been shifting weird when its not completely warmed up, is that normal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012, 04:29 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
When you first got the tune, I bet you could make black smoke out of the tail pipe before the turbo had a chance to spool. Are you still able to produce a lot of black smoke?? If not, I suspect it could be a HPOP leak or it's fuel related. What is your fuel psi?

I noticed you have an '03, were the batteries disconnected at some point? You might want to try the VGT relearn.

Have you tried reloading the tune?
Old 05-27-2012, 04:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

im still get a nice big puff of smoke before the turbo gets going, and yea i did the vgt relearn right after i did the egr delete and all that. maybe its just a seat of the pants thing. ill switch it back to stock and see what happens
Old 05-27-2012, 04:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

just reinstalled the tune and went for a drive, it put that smile back on my face. Is this something im going to have to do every few weeks?

Also, I installed the tune a few weeks ago, then installed the blue spring kit about a week ago. I cant remember if thats exactly when it started losing its peo, but could that have possibly cause it? I wouldnt think so but thats the only thing I can think if thats changed
Old 05-27-2012, 05:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mine seems to shift kinda wierd when cold also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.