04 6 speed wierd sound question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2012, 03:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
04 6 speed wierd sound question

I been looking at this 2004 F450 and took for 2 drives now and I'm wondering about a sound it makes. Coasting with clutch in or out the engine sounds normal. If you give it a little throttle it makes a zzzzzz sound that seems to come from the rear of the engine. Its not very loud and the sound is there while driving too.

I would almost think it's normal and its repeatable too. The dealer went with me a thrid time and he thought it normal too. My 6.4 work truck doesn't make that sound but that might be apples to oranges I guess.

I tried the 4x4 and it went in out good but 4x4 light stays on now.

Thanks for any help or advice

It's a flat bed with 106,000 on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Premium Member

I might be going out on a limb on this....but that zzzzzz sound might just be your injectors, like a really fast clicking noise? It surprised me with my first 6.0, if this ain't your first and you know better then disregard.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

[QUOTE=jerg_064;3089572]I might be going out on a limb on this....but that zzzzzz sound might just be your injectors, like a really fast clicking noise? It surprised me with my first 6.0, if this ain't your first and you know better then disregard.[/QUOTE

This is the first 6.0 that I've road in so I think that's it, thanks alot! I didn't notice it on the first drive.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:58 PM
Premium Member

I noticed it right off the bat on my first drive.....If they're using straight pump fuel it's pretty bad with the ULSD. Some fuel additive will help quiet it down, like some TC-W3 2 cycle oil or the more expensive stuff.....Or some biofuel blend. Just do a bunch of reading around here and you'll learn quick......keep in mind there's a lot of BS posted at the same time, get different opinions and make up your own mind on subjects.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.