Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Can you find out if the truck has been tuned?

7K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  1fast68 
#1 ·
I recently just tuned my truck by ID and now my degas bottle is puking. I'm going to take it in to get arp studs now. If I convert it back to stock tuned will they be able to tell I tuned my truck?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#2 ·
Not if you used the SCT tuner. Your going to need more than head studs by the way.

#3 ·
yes, all they have to do is pull the data logs and see how much boost was being put out. Hopefully they dont

#4 ·
Just because you are tuned doesn't mean that your boost is any higher. I have put out 32psi before I put my programer on while I was towing. Plus high PSI doesnt prove it had a tune it could of had an over boost situation.

#7 ·
What about when they take off the heads and look at the cylinders? I've heard that when the have the scorched star pattern that means they've been getting more fuel, but I've also heard it doesn't matter if they are tuned they all looked scorched. Which is it?

#9 ·
I can not verify that. I think your worrying needlessly though. Put the truck back to stock and drive it in.

#8 ·
Do you plan on getting it done under warrenty? I see your truck is an 04, must have an extended warrenty? Otherwise it doesnt matter if you have a tuner or not-i would how ever still put the stock tune back in incase they decide "update" the ecm.

#12 ·
Just to add my .02. I am running the non studded looney tune and the most boost I run is 22psi. Stock I could hit 28psi. Now my shift points are higher by about 300 rpm and it shifts around 3900.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.