How do I get my 05 pmax, on an 04? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 276
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How do I get my 05 pmax, on an 04?

A dealer is willing to trade me trucks. My 05 for their 2004, but it is different. Can I get a pedestal or something to put it on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 05-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator


 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Abingdon, Md.
Posts: 11,983
Thanks: 4
Thanked 31 Times in 16 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The only difference in the early and later style turbo is the orientation of the back bolt holding the turbo to the pedestal. The early style has the mount takinf the bolt horizontally like the front bolts. The later style switched to a vertical rear bolt orientation.

Just leave the back bolt out. With the V-band clamps on the Y pipe and downpipe along with the front to bolts the turbo isn't going anywhere.

My 03 style Powermax is mounted on an 05-07 pedestal exactly that way.

The 04 isn't nearly as nice as your 05. Keep that in mind if you accept the trade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 05-23-2012, 08:32 PM
War is the answer!


 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Daytona Beach, Florida
Posts: 5,055
Thanks: 101
Thanked 64 Times in 19 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yea what he said. Why are you trading? Hell if you were in FL I would trade you my 04...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 05-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 276
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
The only difference in the early and later style turbo is the orientation of the back bolt holding the turbo to the pedestal. The early style has the mount takinf the bolt horizontally like the front bolts. The later style switched to a vertical rear bolt orientation.

Just leave the back bolt out. With the V-band clamps on the Y pipe and downpipe along with the front to bolts the turbo isn't going anywhere.

My 03 style Powermax is mounted on an 05-07 pedestal exactly that way.

The 04 isn't nearly as nice as your 05. Keep that in mind if you accept the trade.
your right! I forgot how much lamer the dash and everything else was
Thx for the reminder. you're so smart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 05-23-2012, 08:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 276
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
Yea what he said. Why are you trading?
Cause my motor has no compression on one side.
You're right. The money I\ll be spending to mod the 04 is what ittl cost to fix mine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 05-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator


 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Abingdon, Md.
Posts: 11,983
Thanks: 4
Thanked 31 Times in 16 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PC250 View Post
your right! I forgot how much lamer the dash and everything else was
Thx for the reminder. you're so smart
Man you just made me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 05-24-2012, 04:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: hudson, fl
Posts: 2,960
Thanks: 4
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
yeah the dash is one, but I would be more worried about going back to leaf sprung front end and loosing the better turning radius!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 05-24-2012, 12:18 PM
Turbos = Witchcraft
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: West Bend, WI
Posts: 2,842
Thanks: 2
Thanked 29 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Um... you can't.

If the pedestal is different, that means it is an early 04, so it would have had the whistler turbo and more importantly the intake maifold with the rear crossover. The early turbos will fit on the later pedestals, but not vice versa. And, with the intake crossover, the new pedestal will not fit on the early trucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 05-24-2012, 01:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 276
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It's an older 04, not the 03 with the whistler
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 05-24-2012, 01:57 PM
Premium Member



 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 18,100
Thanks: 74
Thanked 121 Times in 112 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuch03 View Post
Um... you can't.

If the pedestal is different, that means it is an early 04, so it would have had the whistler turbo and more importantly the intake maifold with the rear crossover. The early turbos will fit on the later pedestals, but not vice versa. And, with the intake crossover, the new pedestal will not fit on the early trucks.


I just put an 05 turbo on my 03 truck with the 03 intake manifold with the rear crossover...........


With a cutoff wheel and not alot of brains the turbo can be fitted in there....


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors