Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

new fluids little help (info)needed

544 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  05f250inmn 
#1 ·
OK so i just bought a 05 6.0 100 miles before I bought it the local ford did the headgaskets, egr, egr cooler, oil cooler, did a complete flush, etc... the bill was just over 5K. I feel reasonably safe that the week points are minimized because all the parts are new. I am hoping that with proper maint. it will be good. So far I have ordered the blue spring kit, a edge insight cs, and a coolant filter system. I am now looking at changing the filters and oil. My question is I know that the current oil is what the dealer put in (i am sure its dino) it only has about 200 miles on it. I am going to start running T6 with motorcraft filter. Should I wait till it is due or just do it now? Am i gonna be safe switching a 111K mile turck over to syn? I don't know that last time the fuel filters were changed so I am just going to change them for piece of mind. A little insite from 6.0 ownders would be great.

#2 ·
Sounds like your doing what you need to. I personally would change the fluid out ASAP. You will be safe running T6 almost everyone here loves the stuff (I do). If you have the money you should get the CTS turbo timer add on it will keep your turbo bearings healthy.

#4 ·
Yes as long as you have the edge accessory system cable which you can get off ebay. you just have to make sure your EGT sensor is EAS capable too if your getting that.
HERE it is.

#5 ·
I would change out the oil. Ford put the 15w40 back in mine after all the work they did on it md it ran so much worse. I ran the Dino for 252 miles and then put T6 back in. It really is amazing how much better it runs on the T6. And you'll be fine putting it in at your mileage.

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.