Hate to break it to you guys but having to "bulletproof a 6.0 is not maintenance" - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 12:47 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hate to break it to you guys but having to "bulletproof a 6.0 is not maintenance"

Don't understand why people are jumping down other throats for not studding, having a CTS, EGR delete, etc . Sorry guys this is not maintenance , it is repair . I love my 6.0 and ford but you should not have to do all that to keep a engine running.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2012, 12:49 PM
War is the answer!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Having A monitoring solution is vidal all the other stuff you listed is NOT maintenance but is what needs to be done in order to had a reliable truck. You shouldn't have to do all that but the facts are everything in the bullet proofing is what need to be done because its what fails on our trucks. If you have an issue with it go talk to ford about it.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
Don't understand why people are jumping down other throats for not studding, having a CTS, EGR delete, etc . Sorry guys this is not maintenance , it is repair . I love my 6.0 and ford but you should not have to do all that to keep a engine running.
I agree that you should not have to do this to keep it running, but history has shown us that this particular needs this to ensure that it lasts long. I would rather do preventative repairs than repairs when things break. I am about to do studs and gaskets on my 6.4 even though they are not bad yet.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:56 PM
War is the answer!

Not just to last long. I have seen a 6.0 with less than 20,000 miles go in for head work.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Time to get over it bud. It's a 10 year old engine design that's been out of production for 5 years now. It is what it is. You can either do what it takes to make it reliable or bury your head in the sand till it bites you in the arse.

You are really
Old 05-22-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
Having A monitoring solution is vidal all the other stuff you listed is NOT maintenance but is what needs to be done in order to had a reliable truck. You shouldn't have to do all that but the facts are everything in the bullet proofing is what need to be done because its what fails on our trucks. If you have an issue with it go talk to ford about it.
still you would think when you pay $45k for a truck that the stock computer would be enough monitoring. Thanks for your info on my other post I wasn't referring to you on this but the other guy who pm me and was rude after I told him I didn't have a CTS because it should be a requirement.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:59 PM
War is the answer!

...and Im not sure I have seen anyone on here claiming it to be maintenance so I dont know where you are getting this from.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:00 PM
War is the answer!

Quote:
still you would think when you pay $45k for a truck that the stock computer would be enough monitoring. Thanks for your info on my other post I wasn't referring to you on this but the other guy who pm me and was rude after I told him I didn't have a CTS because it should be a requirement.
You dont have to get a CTS they make WAYYYYY cheaper ones. It just happens to be a preferred solution by many with strong opinions.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
...and Im not sure I have seen anyone on here claiming it to be maintenance so I dont know where you are getting this from.
Some guy just did he told me if I was not willing to do proper maintenance on my truck don't post asking questions.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I agree. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I traded in a 96 gasser that had 215K on it and was ready to blow up the next time I hooked up the trailer and headed up north. I now have an 05 F350 6.0 with 50K on it and I still have to worry about it blowing up the next time I hook up the trailer. I did buy a warranty and that makes me feel a little better, but If I knew then what I know now....I'd be driving a gasser.

Everything about this truck is more expensive to maintain so when you add the necessity of bullet proofing (egr, studs, etc) it makes it a real bad choice of trucks. What bothers me most, and I've been a ford fan for 35 years, is these problems are not isolated to just the 6.0 or just the 04-06 trucks. This forum is full of promblematic trucks; some as new as 2011.

Ford needs to do what ever they need to do to get back on the top again. I still won't drive a chevy though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.