Look at this fixer upper - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 10:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Look at this fixer upper

2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty extended cab 4x2

6.0L diesel, AT, AC, PW, PL, etc. , engine is not running ( high pressure oil pump issues, no fuel pressure at start-up), would make a cheap fixer or great parts truck. Call.... $4250.00

The price seems attractive so I thought I'd see what folks think. I'm very new to the idea of a 6.0L and maybe this is a good base price to start out with? I don't know any more about it than whats on the add.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2012, 10:10 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Not worth it IMO..

Engine problems AND body damage... All that when a truck like that is only worth 10k finished...

Too much hassle for saving $1k
Old 05-22-2012, 10:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

OK, think truck minus engine then start deducting for body and interior if they are not good. And it doesn't 4X4.

If it really is the HPOP would the whole engine be toast?
Old 05-22-2012, 10:43 AM
War is the answer!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Not worth a penny more than $3,000. Money wise that is. Now you would have to budget the money it would take to fix it up your probably looking at approx 9k-10k total to get it where it needs to be. That's with the price of the truck.

Last edited by WarChild; 05-22-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:46 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
When buying something like this I believe a person should PLAN on replacing the whole thing... and if it ends up to just be the HPOP then your in luck... But if you plan for 1k in repair and the cylinders are shot... you will be screwed with a 4-6k bill

Yeah I would see how much driveable ones cost in the area that are the same config.. (2x4 extra cab, ect) and start deducting engine and body... also count in labor $$ even if your doing it yourself! you don't work for free do you?

Then when its all said and done you should be able to be $1500+ cheaper then anything on the market... why would you go through ALL this hassle and it costs you 10k when you could have went to the dealer or a private party and got one driveable for 10.5k Does my reasoning make sense to you?

Hope it helps
Old 05-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks guys, I'd be more tempted if it was a 4X4 with a stick. The thought occured to me in the way of -- Why not buy one cheap that needs work and then cover the things that need to be covered anyways--. But I can see it has to be lower to make sense.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Man if that was a regular cab I'd be all over it and make it into a RCSB. That body damage is a pretty easy repair. There is a 101k engine in the classifieds that needs injectors, FICM, and maybe a turbo that the seller is keeping for spares. He is oferring it for $2k. Offer $2500 for the truck and work from there.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
Man if that was a regular cab I'd be all over it and make it into a RCSB. That body damage is a pretty easy repair. There is a 101k engine in the classifieds that needs injectors, FICM, and maybe a turbo that the seller is keeping for spares. He is oferring it for $2k. Offer $2500 for the truck and work from there.
X2 I would buy it. But I could have the body fixed and the hole truck painted for less than $500.(helps having auto body guys as friends) I also have a junk yard near by that sells any motor for 199 with a 30 day warranty. So look around at your resources it may be cheaper than you think to fix it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.