Well I did it! Just bought a 05 F250 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 04:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well I did it! Just bought a 05 F250

Well after the long wait to sell my fj cruiser, I finally did it. I found an awesome truck to purchase. Going up to SC wednesday to give the guy the check! I cannot wait! I went an took a look at it yesterday and drove it around. It is wonderful! Ran an oasis, carfax, and hooked it up to the scan guage and everything checked out. Its got 103,000 miles and has had very few problems! only a wheel sensor and altenator replaced. First things on the list: coolant filter, sinister egr delete, banjos and blue spring upgrade! it had a delta of 11 degrees on the interstate getting down on it, should I go ahead and order an oil filter and flush the system? Or should I wait until my delta is a 15 degree? Just looking to semi proof it since I want to order an sct with custom tunes soon. Truck already has a MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust fully welded seams and a ranchhand full bumper! I am in love! Oh yeah and its a 1 owner!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2012, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Nice looking truck, congrats. If you are going to put an egr delete and coolant filter on you really need to go to the 6.0 performance forum and check out IPR's new coolant filter and gen 2 egr delete. Way cool stuff.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I just checked out iprs stuff and it is pretty cool! I looked at the coolant filter kit and it looks superior! Unfortunatly it is out of stock and I dunno when I could get one!! I'm not so sure about the egr gen 2 kit and the advantages though. Maybe someone could explain this.

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.Com Free
Old 05-21-2012, 08:23 PM

I'm sure you know this already, but if you're going to put a tuner on a 6.0 you might wanna look into some ARP head studs. I've seen one too many 6.0's with blown head gaskets cause of tuning without the studs.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 05-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdunham29 View Post
I'm sure you know this already, but if you're going to put a tuner on a 6.0 you might wanna look into some ARP head studs. I've seen one too many 6.0's with blown head gaskets cause of tuning without the studs.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Not another one. A decent SCT tune will not blow your head gaskets. The biggest cause of blown head gaskets is ruptured egr coolers due to clogged oil coolers and owners not bothering to monitor their ECT/EOT temp delta so they know they have a problem. They keep driving with coolant flowing into the cylinders and the excess cylinder pressure caused by the vaporizing coolant lifts the heads. There are lots of people successfully running tunes on stock head bolts.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by troger11 View Post
I just checked out iprs stuff and it is pretty cool! I looked at the coolant filter kit and it looks superior! Unfortunatly it is out of stock and I dunno when I could get one!! I'm not so sure about the egr gen 2 kit and the advantages though. Maybe someone could explain this.

Read the thread. It's all explained quite clearly.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

running tunes on my 05 with stock bolts. So far so good, 138,000 on the truck, 38k tuned
Old 05-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

That's a pretty perfect looking truck.
Sometimes, ya just gotta wait and you'll find the perfect thing.

Personally, if I got a 6.0, I'd free up the exhaust along with what you said and all the easier things to fix and update, then, when the time comes, go all into it; oil cooler, the other updated fittings back there, etc., etc.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Nice! Just ordered the Sct livewire cause I have a scan guage and the only other guage I need is a pyro so from mkm it comes with it and unlimited free custom tuning! Can't wait. Oh and I also threw a coolant filter, oil cooler and egr delete in there. Plus....haha I ordered banjos, blue spring, and updated stc fitting from tousley tonight!! Got some wrenching in my future. I just need to find some restore and restore plus from a local cummins fleet store!

Old 05-27-2012, 06:41 PM

I ran Sct tunes for 6 months then spartan tunes for 7 months (hybrid race on the street, drag/pulling on the track) and never had an issue.

Issues I had were due to stupidity on the oil change place. I took the truck down the 1/4 probably 20-25 times as well.

Run the truck till it needs to be fixed or you have the money to spare and time needed. It's a good truck!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.