got to know - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
got to know

Just got my first diesel Today. Lot to learn just would like some stright answers to..
Bad problems, 6.0 is the worse, chip no chip, ????? A lot of different answers!!! Did I get a deal?? 06 F250 Lariat extended cab 4x4 fully loaded 95000 miles one owner..Beautiful Truck!!! 16,900.... Only had it for 30 min, and a warning
light came on with a beep, saying I have water in the fuel.. Had a friend to help me out.. we found the filter but we could not find how to drain the water HELP!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2012, 10:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

There will ethier be a yellow lever near the fuel pump or an allen key drain plug right on the side of the fuel pump.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:44 PM

My 06 did this and was a bad wif sensor had dealer replace it no other problems ... The drain plug is on the frame rail right under the driver side door , Allen head . Best thing to do get the wif sensor check for corrosion which was my problem. It's a few dollars but get the fuel filters changed. Who's to say when the first owner had them changed injectors are not cheap , 400 plus for them . Good luck.

Last edited by Mike Hickman; 05-20-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:17 AM

Old 05-21-2012, 12:31 AM

Get the updated plug for draining the water - it is all brass and will not get stuck from corrosion.

Knob style HFCM drain plug 6E7Z-9C082-A

If the WIF light is on constantly, you may beed to try blowing a cleaner (powderblast, carb cleaner, etc) into the drain hole. You will need to pre-bend the plasttic straw to a right angle to get it oriented where it will do the most good. If that doesn't work, then you will need a new HFCM manifold cover, which is not that expensive.

You can shop around and get Ford remanned injectors for close to $300 if it comes down to that.

If you need parts, use TousleyFordParts. Great on-line system and they will be very helpful over the phone of you need to talk to them. We can get you part mumbers for most things, so post up what you need if you want that kind of help.

As long as it is taken care of, you got a very good deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.