Advice!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 06:42 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Advice!!!

Hey Guys,
I recently ran into a problem with my local dealership... Since Jan I have had my truck in for warranty work 4 times which I knew what the problem was and they kept skating around it. (head gaskets) Finally they agreed and started the job but this time for some reason they didnt drag their heels and were working at record pace. I wanted them to install arp studs but couldnt find anyplace close to pick them up overnight. So the parts dept at the dealership told me that they could get some overnighted but it would cost me a little more. The parts guy told me he estimated somewhere in the neighborhood of 525 plus tax and told me just to pay when I pick the truck up. So a few days later I showed up with checkbook in hand and was told that the studs were covered under warranty. I even asked the guy "are you sure, these are aftermarket" He then advised me to look at the invoice and it clearly said that the studs were covered under warranty.. Well knowing that most things are too good to be true a few weeks later the dealership called and told me that ford denied covering the cost of the studs. So trying to be honest I went back to the dealership with 600 cash in hand and a debit card in case I was a little short. When I got there nobody knew what to charge me and after waiting a good 20 minutes for answer I advised the guy at the desk that I was told 525 plus tax I laid down 600 and he told me that he was just told that I owed 760 plus tax which I never agreed to. He then told me to take my money back and check back in a few days. Well after this I was pissed and said to hell with it!!! Its been about 2 months and today I missed a call from them.. What do I do??? Can they sue me even though I have an invoice saying the studs were covered under warranty??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2012, 06:49 PM
Premium Member

Hell no they dont have a leg to stand on!
Old 05-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Premium Member

Thanks!! To make matters worse when they tore the engine down to change the head gaskets they did a pressure test on the egr cooler but didnt check the oil cooler. Two months later guess what?? I have deltas running anywhere from 30 to 40 degrees.. The truck is parked for now and on Monday Im taking it to an out of town dealer for the oil cooler..
Old 05-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Premium Member

I would be suprised if they really put the after market studs in. You did more than most people would have done to be fair and pay them, most would not have argued like you did and kept trying to pay. This is not a new thing with the 6.0 and they likely knew like you did what the problem was in the first place but were jerking you around.
Let your consceince rest you have done all you could do.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:57 PM
Premium Member

Man I really appreciate the support!! One thing I do have to say about these idiots is the first time in they replaced the plastic intercooler pipe with a metal one, replaced some kind of injector harness and something else (dont have the paperwork in front of me) the second time they replaced a hose on the egr cooler and replaced the rear main seal, I honestly dont remember what they did the third time.. Keep in mind that the symptom was puking coolant and tea kettle, everytime!! Finally the fourth round I raised hell and refused to pay the deductible they agreed on the head gaskets.. Also I did check and they are arps with the hex type heads..
Old 05-18-2012, 04:37 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyv13 Send a message via Yahoo to jimmyv13
You have a receipt that says they were covered under warranty...it's not your fault they screwed up and are now trying to get you to cover their mistake. They should've known those aftermarket studs are not covered.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:06 AM

If the dealership persists, just have your lawyer write them a nice letter, and i bet that would be the end of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnO38 View Post
Hey Guys,
I recently ran into a problem with my local dealership... Since Jan I have had my truck in for warranty work 4 times which I knew what the problem was and they kept skating around it. (head gaskets) Finally they agreed and started the job but this time for some reason they didnt drag their heels and were working at record pace. I wanted them to install arp studs but couldnt find anyplace close to pick them up overnight. So the parts dept at the dealership told me that they could get some overnighted but it would cost me a little more. The parts guy told me he estimated somewhere in the neighborhood of 525 plus tax and told me just to pay when I pick the truck up. So a few days later I showed up with checkbook in hand and was told that the studs were covered under warranty. I even asked the guy "are you sure, these are aftermarket" He then advised me to look at the invoice and it clearly said that the studs were covered under warranty.. Well knowing that most things are too good to be true a few weeks later the dealership called and told me that ford denied covering the cost of the studs. So trying to be honest I went back to the dealership with 600 cash in hand and a debit card in case I was a little short. When I got there nobody knew what to charge me and after waiting a good 20 minutes for answer I advised the guy at the desk that I was told 525 plus tax I laid down 600 and he told me that he was just told that I owed 760 plus tax which I never agreed to. He then told me to take my money back and check back in a few days. Well after this I was pissed and said to hell with it!!! Its been about 2 months and today I missed a call from them.. What do I do??? Can they sue me even though I have an invoice saying the studs were covered under warranty??
Old 05-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Premium Member

Ha!! Thats a good idea and I do know a few lawyers here!!!
Old 05-18-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnO38 View Post
Man I really appreciate the support!! One thing I do have to say about these idiots is the first time in they replaced the plastic intercooler pipe with a metal one, replaced some kind of injector harness and something else (dont have the paperwork in front of me) the second time they replaced a hose on the egr cooler and replaced the rear main seal, I honestly dont remember what they did the third time.. Keep in mind that the symptom was puking coolant and tea kettle, everytime!! Finally the fourth round I raised hell and refused to pay the deductible they agreed on the head gaskets.. Also I did check and they are arps with the hex type heads..

Hex head? Might wanna go and take a look again. Should be a 12 point nut threaded to the stud.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:04 PM

Hex is 6 meaning you got the factory bolts back in. Something doesn't make sense. Every ford dealership in the country knows arp's aren't covered under warranty. No way you got studs put in for free. You may have been bent over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.