Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Major Diagnosis Needed

462 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  kirbybc12 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay so diesel in my coolant. Cracked heads right? I'm really sick of things going wrong with this truck.
Bought it in November for $15k with 170,000 miles on her, spent $3600 for a new oil cooler, starter and glow plugs, spent about $3k in front end work and now I'm out another $950 for the headgaskets, coolant filter and ARP studs which are sitting in my garage right now until I can take it apart. Now I might need new heads at $1,100 and a new FICM for another $500. I just don't know if this will be it once I get this problem fixed.
My symptoms are rough idle at start, blue smoke while cold until she warms up, and fuel in my degas bottle. I just went out and took a look around it there's oil leaking at the back of the the block right around the transmission housing. I think it might be leaking out of the turbo as there's a leak somewhere on it but you can see at the end of the red wire in the pictures.
Are these the only problems I'm facing until I fix her based on these symptoms? The pics are of the oil leak. It's not dripping onto the ground but it's pretty soaked, I haven't driven it since Sunday when the headgaskets went.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.