User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 05-07-2012, 07:16 PM Thread Starter Fanatic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Am I hearing things???

So I did my EGR Delete and Oil Cooler R/R last week. The truck is running great, lots of power, no leaks spotting the driveway!!

....but. At idle and mostly in the morning when cold it sounds like to me I have an air leak...kinda of a hissing sound. It is louder when VGT% is around 76-77% at idle and cannot be heard when the VGT% is down in the mid 60's or below. I have checked both my up/down pipes and from what I can see with out breaking the wrenches out again they look sealed. (Also I have no exhaust smell from the cab) I also have checked all the CAC boots. Anything else to check?? Could there be a little more "air" noise now since "all" the exhaust is going back to the Turbo? I also am running a Tune for the first time (Econ Only from Quick Tricks)...could that make a difference in sound?

I am pulling the camper for the first time since doing the work in two weeks, would like to figure this out before then or just feel a little more confident before I guess I am going to tear it all apart as it is kinda driving me crazy. Am I just worrying about nothing??

2006 F350 FX4 CC LB Dually Lariat Loaded

Edge CTS Insight w/ EGT & BU Camera
SCT X3 w/ Tunes from Quick Tricks
LT255/80R17 Cooper Discoverer S/T MAXX Tires
Rancho RS7000MT Shocks
PHP Atlas 40 Tuned FICM by FICM
aFe 4" SS Turbo Back Exhaust
EGR & CAT Deleted & Sinister Coolant Filter Kit

Last edited by Face Down; 05-07-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 Old 05-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Check the flex joints on the y-pipe. It's the accordion looking thing.

2004 F350 CC DRW King Ranch
X-3 tunes by DJ'S,QT,GH,ID. Gryphon FICM tunes, ARP studs,Stage 1turbo,ATS coolant recirc lines,Swamp's 48v ficm,coolant filter,AD2,Snow Perf stage II,EGR delete,4" turbo back straight pipe,S&Bintake,Quad "A" pillar autometer gauges,Suncoast Tri Disk Conv.,Billet input shaft,Suncoast superduty rebuild kit,Trans-go shift kit,Mag-Hytec trans pan,CFM+ elbow,ccv mod,15K reese 5er,17" LCD TV/DVD,Cobra 29 Nitewatch CB
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode