New to the Diesel World and found '03 w/6.0 w/ 109000 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2012, 08:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New to the Diesel World and found '03 w/6.0 w/ 109000

Its a great truck test drove and had it looked at with a scanner and nothing other than an airbag pressure switch showed up and a little low on oil but not bad? Should i purchase this truck? My boss has an '05 and has dumped so much money in his partially the fact he cant do anything himself and for warned me about the 6.0! ANY THOUGHTS? There are small things wrong cosmetically which I could care less about it drove like a beast!

I just dont want to miss out on a great truck because of the bad rap/ they cant all be that bad and if I do the mods when I get it I hope I can get out ahead its a great deal for the truck! Please help!
Attached Thumbnails
New to the Diesel World and found '03 w/6.0 w/ 109000-white.jpg   New to the Diesel World and found '03 w/6.0 w/ 109000-rear.jpg   New to the Diesel World and found '03 w/6.0 w/ 109000-dash.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

2003 is when the 6.0 came out and the first year 6.0 motor had lots of problems. I have an 05 and there is just a few things one should do right way to keep it running trouble free. I found a 03 CC dually with 300000 miles for next to nothing (so low I could buy it with the money in my front left pocket) but I passed on it cus it was a 2003 6.0
Old 05-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRILLROCK View Post
2003 is when the 6.0 came out and the first year 6.0 motor had lots of problems. I have an 05 and there is just a few things one should do right way to keep it running trouble free. I found a 03 CC dually with 300000 miles for next to nothing (so low I could buy it with the money in my front left pocket) but I passed on it cus it was a 2003 6.0
thanks thats what my gut is telling me and well a cpl others telling me the same! Then you have those who are saying they all arent that bad! So this truck is $14,400 should I just pass it up and not take on the head ache?
Old 05-05-2012, 09:21 PM

Is it studded and deleted? Any other mods? I woudnt say no just cause of the fact its an 03... plus that turbo sounds awsome straight piped. Not thats a reason to buy a truck but just cause its a 03 doesent mean itas a bad truck. Thres plenty of guys here with high milage 03s

Sent from my C771 using AutoGuide.Com Free
Old 05-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdoxa View Post
Is it studded and deleted? Any other mods? I woudnt say no just cause of the fact its an 03... plus that turbo sounds awsome straight piped. Not thats a reason to buy a truck but just cause its a 03 doesent mean itas a bad truck. Thres plenty of guys here with high milage 03s

Im so green when it comes to diesel trucks and thank god for these forums. I have no idea on the head studs or delete. The delete was going to be tackled if I purchased the truck! It drove like a beast, stopped on a dime and plenty of power when the turbo hit. No smoke, when i took it to a shop they put a scanner on it the kind with all the keys into the obII and nothing popped up just a little low on oil. They said these trucks will use a little oil is that true??
Old 05-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

there is also an '04 I was looking at is that any better of a year? still has the 6.0
Old 05-05-2012, 10:15 PM

If its an early 04 its the same as an 03. Is it from a dealer if it is have them run an oasis report. If its not post the vin # here and some one will be able to get it for you To tell if its studded look where the head bolts would be. If you can see a bolt sticking thru and/or a nut it has studs. im not sure as to the specifics since i didnt do the.studs my self but there is threads with pics detailing how to tell.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:39 PM

Tough call to say on the 03 and 04. A good vehicle report like a oasis report is something you should check in to. There are a lot of strokers out there for sale.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:51 AM

I have a early 03 and I'm studding it just cause I'm in there deleting it, but I have only had a few problems with it, its all how the truck has been taken care of. I know someone will disagree but i love it and it sounds great.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:07 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by devster55 View Post
its all how the truck has been taken care of. I know someone will disagree but i love it and it sounds great.
What he said^^^^^^, it all depends on how well the previous owner took care of it.

The 03-04's tend to get a bad rap, but if you look at the known issues with the '05-07's, it comes out to about the same amount of issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.