another PSD goes down - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 02:44 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mustangman02232 Send a message via Yahoo to mustangman02232
another PSD goes down

well I just want to start off by saying that as of sunday night I had owned my truck three years to the day, gave her a nice bath and went off to meet up with some friends for dinner around 930. On the way there I am coming down an off ramp on a slight bend onto a surface road (one way goes to a plaza/mall, the other goes to a bunch of lower income high crime area), which also interchanges with another highway, some tard in a clunker 4 door comes flying up one of the ramps and through his yeild sign, so I figure I will move over to let him in because he wasnt slowing, well he dodged right across both lanes and we hit, and i must of over corrected, because I really dont remember anything between that and ending up facing the wrong way and suddenly in pain. so I spun around got off the ramp kind of in shock, I got out of the truck and took a look at her

Im betting they total her out. Beds junk, rear end is out of alignment, front fender and bumper, pretty sure the radiator support is junk or tweeked but the lines on the hood are off, no cab damage and no air bags somehow. the guy took off, no one directly around me saw the accident, one guy did see me turn around though and stopped to see if I was ok, Im betting that it was either some low life with no license/insurance or someone who had alot of drugs in their vehicle that hit me and took off in that area. Insurance adjuster should be here tomorrow, im still a little soar from it but Ill be fine

Im currently driving my mustang with a zip tied front bumper after someone at work backed into her last week at work after owning it for 3 days....

Last edited by mustangman02232; 06-08-2012 at 01:59 PM. Reason: update
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2012, 03:03 AM

Sorry to hear about this. If your in a lot of pain, do not hesitate to be seen by medical staff. Insurance companies are a bear to deal with, especially personal injury situations. Its a damn shame to see the outcome of the accident though. Just remember that automobiles can be replaced but a persons life cannot. Glad your still with us on the ORG....
Old 05-02-2012, 03:51 AM

Glad you are okay bro. Its getting worse and worse out on these roads nowadays. You got to almost be a mind reader to know in advance what these tards are going to do. As a truck driver I have to put up with this crap every single day. It just amazes me that people blow through stop and yeild signs like we all are supposed to come to a stop just for them.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:03 AM

Sorry you were a victim of a M$$$HOLE, I hope you feel better.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:03 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Damn dude glad your alright
Old 05-02-2012, 05:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to mustangman02232 Send a message via Yahoo to mustangman02232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilfarmrboy View Post
Glad you are okay bro. Its getting worse and worse out on these roads nowadays. You got to almost be a mind reader to know in advance what these tards are going to do. As a truck driver I have to put up with this crap every single day. It just amazes me that people blow through stop and yeild signs like we all are supposed to come to a stop just for them.

five years of clean driving out the window because the guy took off and have to claim it on my insurance now, i more or know just to stay slow and out of the way, but the guy just flew across the road like it he was the only one. i even moved over to give him the lane so he could drive like a tard all he wanted, had to come over and Im not even sure what I did to start the spin but he either grazed my front bumper or just missed me and when I tried to avoid him I over corrected

Last edited by mustangman02232; 05-02-2012 at 05:36 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:05 AM

Yup, they do it to me all the time. I just slow down anymore. Pisses people off but its better than me coming thru your back window. The closest call I have had was a woman who took off from a stop sign when I was almost on top of her, say less than 300 feet traveling around 65 mph. All I saw as I was locking up the brakes and hitting for the shoulder was her two lil girls in the back seat, not strapped in their seat belts but turned around looking out the back glass window at me with eyes as big as quarters. Blew right past her with half the truck on the shoulder and the other half almost in the ditch. Then she had enough nerve to come up to me at the next stop sign and start yelling at me saying I threw rocks and grass all over her car... WTF? Some people...
Old 05-02-2012, 01:34 PM

just talked to the insurance company, appraiser is coming tomorrow around 9 am, said there probably going to total it, I would like to keep it but not sure, ive also been looking at 2011 and 2012 6.2s, used are starting to pop up
Old 05-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Glad you are ok
Old 05-02-2012, 06:48 PM
Premium Member

Oh that sucks,,, it's a game of demolition derby everyday on my ride home. I hope things come out OK with the insurance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.