maintenance records - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 04:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
maintenance records

my truck is at the dealer for leaking hg's. I bought the truck a year ago with 60000 miles on it and let them talk me into a 5 year 60000mile esp plan. Of course i didnt do any research on the truck before i bought it like an idiot. Anyway they called today and want to see my maintenance records for the truck. She said i should have 4 oil changes at least and they want to see the receipts. I can only find the last 2 receipts for the oil and filters. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on a way around this or what i could do? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2012, 04:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I bought mine at 20 k and scanned for duplicate all receipts in and have originals (that fade),, you should only need to prove the few changes required in the term you have had it and that includes trans and fuel maintenance ,,

Aftermarket warranty has Been a pain and I Have taken Mine to the BBB multiple times ,, But I always win to some extent

how many miles now? and Who do you think did any of the 2 oil changes your missing?

also HG's can't be a oil change issue as far as I can see ..
Old 04-30-2012, 07:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
Sorry to hear this. I tried to use one on a Lincoln LS for the coil packs. They went as far to tell me that they went because I wasnt using the nessisary 91 octane in the car. They will try to beat you man.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It has 90000 on it now. It's a ford ESP so I assumed it would be better then the usuall no-name warrantys that are out there. I guess it's my fault for not researching the truck and keeping perfect records. I could have used that 2500 to get the parts myself instead of wasting it on a useless warranty.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Fight, they can't prove you did not do you'r maintenance just as much as you can't prove you did, who saves all receipts you can't return used oil or filters, and without reading the fine print they should have given you a run down on the details of the warranty. ( fight 90% of the time they will back down, not worth the time, money and bad publicity for ford ) call ford corp. not the dealer.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:42 PM
Emergency Services

Man that sucks... The warranty they wanted me to buy stated oil changes and service at a garage every 3 months or the warranty was void. I tried not to laugh and put the money towards parts and now I change the oil myself.

I'd try calling whoever did the missing oil changes. Maybe they can get you a copy of the missing receipt. It's worth a shot.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I did all of the required maintenance myself. I just did not know the details of the warranty. There is no fine print about the warranty on any of the papers that I got when I bought the truck. We'll see what happeneds. To say the least I will check into things a little before I buy my next vehicle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.