Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Cheapest place to buy oil and fuel filters?

12K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  ZMANN 
#1 ·
Just curious if there is anywhere cheaper to buy oil and fuel filters. Just got done at my local dealership and it was like $95. I dont remember it being that high last time. The dealership is only about 10 miles away from me so its convenient. I think there is an International dealer somewhere in the area but not sure. Thanks for the help.

#4 ·
39 bucks for fuel filters at International

#5 ·
For oil and filter, the evil walmart empire is by far the cheapest.

Sent from my SCH-I500

#6 ·
If you have an O'Reilly Auto around there in house brand of oil filters is a re-boxed racor filter and it's $14 around here.

International is the cheapest place I know of for fuel filters. Ask for the wholesale price and you could save a little bit more.

#9 ·
Last time I purchased this stuff I paid $34 for the fuel filters at International. The oil and filter is cheapest at walmart, $18 for the motorcraft filter and $21.36 per gallon of Rotella T6.

#10 ·
I had to pay $42 + taxes at my canadian dealer. So I picked 2 at Walmart before I crossed the boarder to Canada.
They use to be sold at wally world here before in my area but no more. I use to also be able to buy Fram which are the same at CTC and no one in my area now sells Fram only garbage WIX are sold.
I change the oil on my friends 2005 last fall and he had a Wix cap and found a replacemet kit for $35 and bought a No Name filter only for half price, and the counter man told me they were junk, well i told him the same filter was in the WIX box, so purchased the cheaper one and told my friend to go and get a Ford cap at international dealer as soon as possible. Even gave him the IH number because the IH dealers are not suppose to sell us the IH parts for our Fords.

So now I need the parts number ready when I go in to buy and not mention the Ford.
The Local Ford dealer warn the IH dealer not to sell to ford owners.
I am taking all the PSD and Ford emblums on my truck and put IH's on. After all I tell everyone I have not a Ford but and IH as I have it midified to IH specs.

#11 ·
I use Wally-World too.

#12 ·
I just bought mine from the dealer but only cuz I needed a cap and my dad got me a nice discount on them. Paid $50 for cap filter and dipstick

#13 ·
performancetruckproducts.com, buy $50 worth and you get free shipping.

#14 ·
Diesel filters

I found a place that sells both Ford original Filters and aftermarket. I recommend using Ford Filters and especially if your under warranty and have a problem. The dealer could void the warranty if it gets blamed on the filter. dieselfiltersonline.com
Search the internet for the difference of ford filters and after market. I saw an article about the difference between after market and Ford filters which explained it . I forgot the sites aaddress. Sorry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.