Help make final parts selection - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 07:18 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help make final parts selection

Hey yall,

So I finally had the sad face thing happen, big gross plumes of white/ blue erupt from my tail pipe at startup and take off. Anywho I knew it was coming so I found a local shop to do the work and flash my FICM. I have a list of parts I have or plan on getting in the next couple of days. What I need from you is anything that "NEEDS" to get done while I am balls deep in my engine bay.

Synthetic Oil/ New oil Filters
New fuel Filters
Full EGR delete (FCDP)
Intake Manifold Gaskets
ARP Headstuds
OEM Head Gaskets
Oil Cooler Rebuild
Radiator Flush
Turbo refurbish (planning on attempting this one myself)
Zoodad Mod

Adding iTSX Tuner with Custom Tunes from Matt (gear head diesel)

Additional things to know about the truck:
2004 Supercab Long bed FX4
2003 "red sticker" 6.0 PSD
123xxx miles

I appreciate your feed back and please feel free to hit me up I am stuck on a 24 Hr Staff Duty (stuck at a desk waiting for the Phone to ring) so I will be trolling the forums all day and night. thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2012, 07:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

What kind rebuild on the turbo if I'm not wrong u have to make sure its balanced or u could be in a world of mess. Also If u doing a egr delete and all that id throw on a coolant filter kit since there inexpensive also when I did the work on mine as well as u are I did the upgraded banjo bolts as well
Old 04-26-2012, 07:39 AM

Ehhh... I found a ford reconditioning guide for the turbo and all it mentioned was o rings... as far as the banjo bolts I suppose I never really understood what they did for the fuel rail or what the difference between doing just the front ports vs all 4 would be.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:39 AM

and a chill filled the room... how about this has anyone run 5w30-40 synthetic? is there any noticible advantages other than engine longevity. Brands people swear by etc etc.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:48 AM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudue Priest View Post
and a chill filled the room... how about this has anyone run 5w30-40 synthetic? is there any noticible advantages other than engine longevity. Brands people swear by etc etc.
Most synthetics you will find are 5W-40.
Most guys on here are runnign eitehr Shell Rotella T6, AMsoil, or Mobile 1 TDT

bottom line, as loong as your running a good syntehitc and good quality, lubricated fuel you'll keep your injectors happy and running for a long time

Goodluck
Old 04-26-2012, 09:02 AM

The stock banjo bolts have more restriction than the upgraded and lot of ppl using 6.4 banjo ur not going to notice a diff at all. Ithink my upgraded ones was like 15 bucks Maby few more dollars I can't remember
Old 04-26-2012, 09:29 AM

I suppose adding a Blue spring kit might benefit me as well as far as the banjo bolts I have been reading alot of conflicting reviews as to the validity of them not to mention reading how the fuel system works I think the banjo upgrades would be a detriment... but I may understand this wrong.

But i look forward to any other suggestions. Im pretty sure I have everything that needs to get done, but if there is anything else you can think of please let me know.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:46 PM

Ok please for the love of god someone please explain what I need to do the head gaskets... I see some sets that come with what I presume to be head gaskets ranging from 150-300 (single oem vs both gaskets) and then there are sets that range from 400-660 that have all kinds of freakin seals and rubber grommets Ive never seen before... lol trying to find reasonable OEM head gaskets and ARP studs thats it... they dont even need to be in a combo lol Please help me
Old 05-01-2012, 05:16 PM

Ok well... I got everything else. Now my FICM is on the fritz.... I am going to have that rebuilt. I was also informed I should replace the HPOP Oil discharge Tubes and High pressure oil coupler. Is there anything else that anyone can think of (big or small) that I need to replace while I'm balls deep in my engine bay.

I appreciate your input

Last edited by Vudue Priest; 05-01-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:47 PM

I feel like a forum leper... Any chance anyone can link me to HPOP oil discharge tubes? It seems google has nothing for me...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.