Auxillery fuel tank selector? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 05:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Auxillery fuel tank selector?

I am installing an auxiliary fuel tank in the bed of my 06CCLB. I want to be able to use an up fitter switch to control a fuel valve that will allow when fuel can gravity feed into my main tank.

What is a good 12v valve to use?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I like the greasecar valves. You can pull them apart when they get jammed up due to not installing a screen in front of them. It should work well with a uplifter, they have a default position and only move when 12v is applied.

Another option would be a pollak valve. You will need to supply 12v for one direction and -12v for the other. That wouldn't be hard to do but may require a bit of creativity with relays if the uplifter is on/off single pole. These valves are sealed so you can't fix them if they get stuck.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchuricht View Post
I like the greasecar valves. You can pull them apart when they get jammed up due to not installing a screen in front of them. It should work well with a uplifter, they have a default position and only move when 12v is applied.

Another option would be a pollak valve. You will need to supply 12v for one direction and -12v for the other. That wouldn't be hard to do but may require a bit of creativity with relays if the uplifter is on/off single pole. These valves are sealed so you can't fix them if they get stuck.
I have a polak valve in the garage. Will it allow the fuel to gravity feed into the tank or will it need to be pumped?
Old 04-27-2012, 12:57 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You could make it work. Assuming it's a 3 or 6 port valve, you will need to cap one end off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.