FICM question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FICM question

So I just noticed that I am throwing the p0611 code so I checked it and sure enough 27.7 or so volts when cold at startup. So questions are can it damage injectors if I keep driving the truck? And also this maybe a dumb question but can this cause high egt's? I would not think so but I am seeing high ones so thought I would ask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2012, 04:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

not sure bout egt, but youll eat those injectors if you dont act soon, dont drive it around, get it repaired asap. Theres alot of Places that will do it, Swamps, Quik tricks and a few others im sure someone will name
Old 04-25-2012, 04:25 PM

i just sent mine off to ficmrepair.com their pretty cheap and they are now offering the php ficm tunes
Old 04-25-2012, 04:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Forgot to mention the truck runs and starts fine
Old 04-25-2012, 04:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Would tuning it make it run hotter?
Old 04-25-2012, 04:46 PM

Yea its good to catch it early but I'm trying to wait until bullet proof diesel gets their FICM out which should be soon. (I HOPE)
Old 04-25-2012, 05:04 PM

Mine would not start the truck under 30v
But once warm it was in the 40s
You might get stuck somewhere expensive and ruin a bunch of injectolrs.
You also might not be getting the rikght readings

Sent from my SPH-M910 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 04-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My cold start up was at 38V-39V (Edge Insight CTS) for about 2 Months.Within the last week it dropped to 31V to 32V cold start,would stay close to 48V once warmed up.
I didn't really notice EGT hotter,just when at idle before I turn off the engine, the FICM volts would drop down to 40V and go back and forth to 48V.Mines started and runned fine too, just seeing and hearing the Edge Insight warning go off, I know I had to fix/replace it soon before other problems occur.
I replaced mines Today.I got a replacement FICM with PHP Tune Atlas 40 from Ed at FICMrepair.com,it cranked right up at cold start 48.5V.
Ed at FICMrepair.com is highly recommended.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:30 PM
back to business

As said by others, it needs to be fixed or replaced. It WILL destroy your injector.

FICM tuning will increase EGT's, just like an ECM tune will. Idle and cruising it should be comparable to stock, but under hard throttle, you'll likely see higher temps (More fuel = more heat)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SuperDutyF250 View Post
not sure bout egt, but youll eat those injectors if you dont act soon, dont drive it around, get it repaired asap. Theres alot of Places that will do it, Swamps, Quik tricks and a few others im sure someone will name
Swamps, Quick Tricks and FICMrepair.com would be my recommendations, based on feedback I've read on the forums.

I've been talking with Ed at FICMrepair.com, he seems like he really know his stuff and has been super helpfull with answering all my questions. I wouldn't hesitate to send my FICM to him (best price too), he does now offer PHP tuning, but he won't do a 58V upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilfarmrboy View Post
Yea its good to catch it early but I'm trying to wait until bullet proof diesel gets their FICM out which should be soon. (I HOPE)
I heard it will be a few more months. Mine is still good (just wanting to "fix" it before it craps out) and I too am trying to wait to see what they offer and how much they're going to charge.

I've heard that the price will be "competitive" and the ones out for beta testing seem to be working well and look badazz, like all their other stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.