injector problem, sputtering - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 04:54 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
injector problem, sputtering

My truck has this wierd issue ever since I've bought it

happens cold or at operating temperature

If I hammer on the throttle and go WOT sometimes the truck will downshift like it should but it will go up to about 2500 rpm then hit a brick wall wont accelerate at all and sputter horrible, it pours out blueish gray smoke when this happens so I let off the throttle and it stops then get back into it gradually and everythings fine

its really starting to piss me off.

I'm thinking its a injector, I've cleaned the egr valve twice since I've bought it

this is copied from fte i couldnt find a response

can anyone on here give me a hand
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2012, 05:08 PM

Sounds to me like a boost leak. When you back out of it and roll on slower boost levels climb slower thus requiring less fuel. When you hammer it vgt duty cycle goes through the roof thus needing more fuel but without air you get bluish grey smoke! Id start by looking for a boost leak, probably one of the cac couplers.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Depending on mileage I would go with an injector(s). I just did injectors but my truck has 240k ok it so it was about time. Could also be stiction as I had that problem also. Rev x can help but won't entirely fix it. But I see in your sig that you have 96k so I wouldn't think it could be injectors. Maybe get em buzz tested and see what comes up.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:39 PM

Im going to pull all my cac boots and check them, especially the hot side ones

Truck now has 104k miles, all injectors original

Running mobil 1 5w-40 full syn turbo diesel oil with a dose of archoil 9100 I also have no stiction issues

I hooked up AE to my truck but it was after a 15 mile drive so everything was warm during diagnostics, I had some low boost code, but nothing else all injectors passed buzz test and contribution test, ficm is working 100%

Im not sure about fuel pressure but I do know I do not have the blue spring upgrade

Turbo was reconditioned 10k miles ago and up pipes are new also

I do not remember the low boost code but I know that's what popped up

Now that I wrote all this, im starting to lean away from injectors as being the problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.