Looking at 2007 6.0 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 12:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looking at 2007 6.0

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I have found a very clean 2007 F-350 Lariat with 79,000 miles on it locally at a used car lot. I looked at it the other day and it's really nice. My question is I have had 3 Dodge Cummins 02, 07, 09 the last 2 trucks had the 6.7 and I was not happy with them, and I really like this Ford 6.0 but I'm looking for feedback to those how have them and I heard all the problems with the 6.0 and then some without any at all. Thanks for any input.

Also forgot, they are asking $31,900 which I think is way to high.

Last edited by herb61; 04-14-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2012, 01:12 PM
Premium Member

There is no "If/then" for 6.0 parts failure, esp head gaskets. I have 95K on mine, 2 friends are well over 100K on theirs, we still have the OEM head gaskets/bolts. I have run mine programmed for about 50K. I had one injector stick open and a FICM take a dump. All three of the trucks mentioned are the "dreaded" 2003s. I personally LOVE mine.

The hose clamps on the OEM EGR cooler are an f'in joke that leak (that's why mine is gone), the passages in the oil cooler are small (its a liquid to liquid heat exchanger) and they can get clogged. If you can borrow a scan gauge II, program it to read 6.0 oil and coolant temps, plug it into the OBD II, and do a highway test drive. At temp, cruising 65ish, the spread between the two should be below 20*. I'm at 15*, when I hit 20*, new cooler.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

It could potentially have problems like any 6.0 but its an 07 and is a little more updated than earlier ones, but mine in an early 04 and never has had a problem besides FICM crapping out. Just got it rebuilt and it's fine now. It depends on how the truck was taken care of mostly. $31,000 is to high for that too.

Mine is still running original headbolts and gaskets and is tuned and has nothing wrong with it. It's only showing its age now. Starting to rust a little and just had to get 4 new brake rotors and little crap like that nickle and diming me but that comes with any vehicle. It runs great and has tons of power. It's tuned though. Personally I think tuning is the best thing I have ever done to my truck.

Mine gets decent mileage and was always better than my friends old common rail 5.9. He just got a brand new 6.7 cummins with a stick so well see what the mileage is compared to that but I'm sure mine will be better b/c he's keeping the EPA doom canister on the truck for now.

Hope this helps you some.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:36 PM
Premium Member

Take a cruise through Kelly Blue Book and see where that truck falls. If it is lower on KBB, print the page and take it to them with a counter offer.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks, I like what I'm hearing. Hers is a link to the truck.

Vehicle Details

At first they had it listed at $28,900 and then the next day I seen it was increased. I mention this to the guy and he's said I must of been looking at something else, HA I know what I seen.

KBB Dealer Retail (Excellent Condition) shows $30,900 Private Party (good condition) $26K - $27K

Last edited by herb61; 04-14-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herb61 View Post
At first they had it listed at $28,900 and then the next day I seen it was increased. I mention this to the guy and he's said I must of been looking at something else, HA I know what I seen.
To bad punching people in the nose is frowned upon.

Looks like a nice truck. If you are seriously interested try and find/borrow something like a scangauge II to check oil temp vs coolant temp while driving at 65 up to temp. It will let you know the health of the oil cooler. Clogged oil cooler will lead to money flying out of your pockets at high speed.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:07 PM

I have an '07 6.0 I bought new, currently has just shy of 150,000mi.

Hands down absolutely the best truck I have ever owned.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

That price does sound high. If you do buy it, follow the recommendations of folks on here. The 6.0 is a good motor but needs to be monitored and taken care of.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:29 AM

That's a very nice truck! Identical to my 250 except for color.

My 6.0 is the best truck I have ever had, and I have had less problems with it than either one of my 7.3s. Plus it had more power stock than my 02 did with intake, exhaust, and chip. Now that it is tuned, it is crazy, I love it. I am meticulous about maintenance as the 6.0 is sensitive about it.

Good luck!
Old 04-15-2012, 04:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

just bought another 06 250 6.0 crew cab 4x4 for 24500 with 73000 on it. I had an 07 but it was stolen but this one is basically the same, lariet with all the bells and whistles including moon roof. These trucks are great trucks but just as mentioned you need to monitor them. I added the edge insight and SCT x3 with Vivians looney tunes. At 65-70 my deltas are abought 15-16 degrees. ECT usually around 178-180 and EOT around 190-195. I would offer 27500 for it but I would not go much higher.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.