Best value on 6.0 Injectors? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best value on 6.0 Injectors?

I have a 2004 F250 that I'm most likely going to have to do injectors on soon and need to know what companies have some reliable injectors at a good price. I was thinking of going stage 1 since I'm doing them as long as they will work with my stock fuel pump for now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are stock 135cc and stage 1 typically around 155cc to 165cc? I know the tips make a difference also.

Also, are the remanufactured as reliable as brand new injectors? I read on swamp diesel that the 6.0 injectors are not rebuildable yet see remanufactured injecnors on almost every other website...

Anyone have experience with Pensacola fuel injection?

One last question... When I start pricing labor at local shops what should I consider reasonable? I may change them myself, but if I don't have time it may be more convenient to drop it off at the shop while I borrow a car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2012, 12:40 PM
Emergency Services

Warren diesel makes some great injectors. I have a set of Stock+ right now. They're basically with 155's with stock nozzles on them. They take a set of cores, either yours or ones they have in shop, strip them down completely and rebuild them. A set of 8 costs about $500 now.

When i had my injectors put in, the shop charged me for about 5 hours of labor for all 8 injectors. A ford dealership nearby was going to charge me 10 hours. Big difference. I would say call around and ask some shops what they can typically do it in and that'll give you a decent idea of time required.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Another 6Slow

Stay away from pensacola injection!! by far the worst injectors on the market... I have ran 3 sets of River City Diesel injectors in my truck, and like them a lot really have no complaints about them. Jesse Warren also builds real good injectors.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

read my post, after action (repair) report I posted a few minutey ago.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks guys, looks like the Warrens stock+ is basically what I'm looking for.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:18 AM
Emergency Services

Sweet deal. Yeah I dig my Stock+'s. I'm prob gonna go with his 175's or 195's once I start to really build things up
Old 04-14-2012, 06:58 AM

So how do you know when an injector is unrebuildable? My truck ran rough in the cold when I first purchased it. After some Rev-X, it runs alot smoother, but I know that's only a patch and not a fix.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:14 AM
Emergency Services

I would assume you'd have to completely strip it down to check its condition on whether you can rebuild it or not
Old 04-14-2012, 10:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

If your truck runs smooth after it gets to operating temps, I would'nt worry about changing injectors, they gum up with oil and run rough till the engine temp liquifies the gum a little. The rev x prolly took care of the gum for now. I dont know if inj. can get bad enough to not be rebuildable, if that was the case, when you buy inj and have to send in your old inj, the company would wait till yours arrived to say if they will accept them.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Spool valves are a real problem, as in you can't buy any replacements for them. If your spool valves are good you can get your injectors resized reliably. Jesse warren does good work, of course so does Ryan Casserly. I am not sure I would trust RCD injectors. Too many reported problems and they don't stand behind them. Pensacola is pure junk, stay far away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.