NEW 06 6.0 Opinion Help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 05:44 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NEW 06 6.0 Opinion Help

I just bought a 06 6.0 King Ranch with 107000mi. Im having it shipped here with a deliverey date of the 24th of this month. Not actually testing the truck before I bought it is besides the point in this post. It is rust free unlike anything you can find in my area.
I have already been studying up on the 6.0 engine and see that it is totally different than my 7.3. The truck is supposed to have a banks 4'' exhaust from the cat back, so Ill just buy a downpipe and cat delete for that I figure. So far I am planning on putting on an aftermarket oil cooler, EGR Delete, Maybe an air intake, and a tuner/ gauges. Now my question is the EGR delete is going to throw a code for the Check engine light right? If so will the Edge EVO CS just temporarly delete it till it throws the code again, or will deleting it stop the check engine light for good. I like EDGEs products (thats what I run on my 7.3) and would like to deal with them again. I am not interested in custom tunes, stock works for me. This is not ment to be a better tuner argument post. Any help or comments are greatly apprieciated.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 07:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000-F-350-SUPERDUTY View Post
I just bought a 06 6.0 King Ranch with 107000mi. Im having it shipped here with a deliverey date of the 24th of this month. Not actually testing the truck before I bought it is besides the point in this post. It is rust free unlike anything you can find in my area.
I have already been studying up on the 6.0 engine and see that it is totally different than my 7.3. The truck is supposed to have a banks 4'' exhaust from the cat back, so Ill just buy a downpipe and cat delete for that I figure. So far I am planning on putting on an aftermarket oil cooler, EGR Delete, Maybe an air intake, and a tuner/ gauges. Now my question is the EGR delete is going to throw a code for the Check engine light right? If so will the Edge EVO CS just temporarly delete it till it throws the code again, or will deleting it stop the check engine light for good. I like EDGEs products (thats what I run on my 7.3) and would like to deal with them again. I am not interested in custom tunes, stock works for me. This is not ment to be a better tuner argument post. Any help or comments are greatly apprieciated.
Thanks
Well to start with you need to get your ducks in a row you only want to do this one time. Don't get the Edge EVO waste of money just get the Edge CTS or CS then if you do a delete you will need the SCT to remove the wrench so before all this need a coolant filter to remove the casting sand the Edge CTS or CS to see the health of the motor then do a coolant flush then the repairs. The stock air intake is as good as they come good to 500hp. Then get the SCT Xcallibrator3 W/ Custom Tunes By Innovative Diesel or Matt at Gearhead.
2 stroker

Last edited by 2 stroker; 04-09-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:28 PM

I agree with 2 Stroker. You need to get your gauges and a coolant filter kit or make a kit first. You need to know what condition your 'new' truck is in before making changes/upgrades.
As for egr delete and throwing a code. I just did my EGR delete on a 06' XL. and it through the code. I bought a SCT SF3 and was able to shut off the code. I have not heard of any other turner that can do that (I could be wrong). Just let me say I just installed the SCT and I put it on basic street tune and what a difference in MPG. I do not have a EDGE so can not help you there. I use Scangauge II for my gauges. I could shut off the 'light' by clearing the code with the scanguage but it would come back after a while. If the EDGE can read and clear codes I'm sure it would be the same and come back like it did on my scangauge.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:12 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The advantage of SCT is the ability to do custom tuning. You can get the Evo custom tuned by PHP if you are set on getting it.

You mentioned something about an aftermarket oil cooler. The only one worth buying IMO is the Bulletproof Diesel Oil cooler. All of the others have not been proven to work well.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:44 PM

Yea I am planning on checking out the truck good and everything before adding to it.... you know how it is with plans as soon as you buy a new toys though lol. I think my plans are the SCT and the Edge Insight CS for the gauges. I will probably go with the bulletproof oil cooler and ERG delete as well, not 100% sure on them yet.
Thanks
Old 04-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I highly recommend any and all of Bullet proof Diesel's products. Quality and Customer Service are teh best in the business!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.