Egr delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 04:40 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Egr delete

Ok well I want to delete my Egr, I would like to know about the difficulty level of the job. I tired of
Always worring if it will go out I know the cap to my dagas is weak so I have replaced it. And what brands should I look at? I am currently looking at the sinister delete but again not sure which is better. And the dealership said that my truck is studded but I don't think that they are how would I be able to tell. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

If you look at the heads, you can see the stock bolts if there there. The literally look like bolts on top. Arp studs will have a nut at the top of the stud. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure. If anything here's a bump!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 04-03-2012, 08:23 PM

I installed a sinister egr delete a few months ago, took about 6-7 hours taking time to clean turbo while apart.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 04-03-2012, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleu890 View Post
If you look at the heads, you can see the stock bolts if there there. The literally look like bolts on top. Arp studs will have a nut at the top of the stud. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure. If anything here's a bump!

You are correct.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 04-03-2012, 09:03 PM

Yup just as I thought they are not studded guess that's my next project fml. They haven't blown yet. Sonill just change out my Egr and save SW
Penny's and get the studs and oil cooler I hope they last a little longer. Thank y'all for helping out
Old 04-04-2012, 02:16 AM

Anytime! I know I'm learning more day by day. If you have questions this is the place for them. There are some 6.0 geniuses on here!

Old 04-04-2012, 06:11 AM

I just did mine, spend the money and get a good kit. I went through 2 up pipes before I could get mine to seal.... Took me about 12 hours, taking my time.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:45 AM

What about welding the Egr? I was reading of a few ppl doing this and that got my attention what's yalls take on it?
Old 04-04-2012, 11:47 AM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews

An EGR delete is not a bad job to do at all but before you dig into that you need to determine weather you oil cooler is functioning properly. If you don't already have gauges, get them! Either the scanguage II or the Edge Insight CTS are both great gauges that will monitor pretty much everything you need to worry about. Once you have gauges check to see if the difference between your ECT (engine coolant temperature) and EOT (engine oil temperature) is less than 15 degrees while cursing at 65mph with no load. If it is more than a 15 degree difference you need an EGR cooler as well, and while your at it I would go ahead and switch out the gold coolant to some CAT ELC coolant.

I wouldn't worry to much bout head studs. Most of the late model trucks don't have many head problems unless you neglect them. If you have a healthy oil cooler, an EGR delete and CAT ELC coolant with a exhaust and a good custom tune you are set for thousands of happy miles as long as you take care and understand your truck.

If any of you have any questions please feel free to ask away, thats why were here!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:06 AM

I used the EGR delete from Dicad Solutions. Cheapest one around and comes with everything you need!

I did my oil cooler, STC fitting and some other stuff while I was at it. Took me quite a while (maybe 15 hours or so) but I was going very slow and marking all the parts, etc. Nothing was difficult except putting the turbo back in the first time. Luckily, my wife heard me "sweet talking" it and came out to give a hand!

Just an EGR delete shouldn't take too long. I bet you could get it done in a full day or so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.