New to Powerstrokes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 01:16 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New to Powerstrokes

Hey all, i just bought my first powerstroke its a 2005 F-250 King Ranch CCSB! Iv had it for almost 2 weeks and so far i love everything about the truck. I owned an old chevy 6.2 diesel b4 this truck so im not completly clueless about diesels i just have some questions that have been rattling around in my head since i bought it. here we go first how do i check like my egr cooler and egr to c if i need to do anything to those right away? iv also heard that i should get an OASIS report for my truck, what is that and how do i go about getting one of those? i had more but at the moment they slipped my mind, i greatly appreciate any help, thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2012, 01:22 PM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
First off.... to the ORG

You should get something to monitor the vitals of the truck. I personally have Auto Meter gauges for my EGT, tranny temp, boost, and a ScanGauge to monitor my ECT and EOT. If you want an all in one type device, you should look into an Edge CTS. Knowing what to monitor and what to keep an eye on will help you determine if you are having issues with anything.

An Oasis report basically tells you anything that was done to the truck in the past at the dealership. You could try doing like I did and PM a tech here to see if they would pull one for your truck, or do what my friend did and go to the Ford dealership and ask them to pull one for you.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchek View Post
Hey all, i just bought my first powerstroke its a 2005 F-250 King Ranch CCSB! Iv had it for almost 2 weeks and so far i love everything about the truck. I owned an old chevy 6.2 diesel b4 this truck so im not completly clueless about diesels i just have some questions that have been rattling around in my head since i bought it. here we go first how do i check like my egr cooler and egr to c if i need to do anything to those right away? iv also heard that i should get an OASIS report for my truck, what is that and how do i go about getting one of those? i had more but at the moment they slipped my mind, i greatly appreciate any help, thank you in advance!

Here is how you pull the egr valve and check to see if it is damp or wet if it is you will see white smoke at startup and the coolant will be down in the degasing tank the new full mark cold is the add mark.
I like this one
6.0L power stroke egr repair - YouTube
An Oasis Report is a Ford thing need to give them the Vin number and see if they will print off the info on the truck this will tell you if it was a problem child.
2 stroker
Old 04-03-2012, 01:47 PM

I was thinking about getting an Edge CTS just have to save up and get the wife to give the ok, lol. Does ford charge for the oasis report?
Old 04-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

If you got it from a Ford dealer should be no problem or if you sweet talk them maybe they will give you one
2 stroker
Old 04-03-2012, 02:09 PM

how difficult is it to just delet the egr entirely? is it a job i could do in a day? i plan on using this truck as a daily driver and to tow a camper and boat occasionally and i just want it to be as reliable as possible.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:15 PM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchek View Post
I was thinking about getting an Edge CTS just have to save up and get the wife to give the ok, lol. Does ford charge for the oasis report?
My friend got his for free from them, without having to sweet talk them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.