Fixed my STC fitting. Not too bad. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 04:59 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Fixed my STC fitting. Not too bad.

So my truck left me dead on the road the other day. I accelerated and when I let off the gas it cut off and wouldn't restart. Ghetto checked my ICP voltage and it read .248 so I assumed high pressure oil leak. Tore into the motor in a parking lot and replaced STC with updated fitting and noted that my IPR screen had a hole and noticed the piece of screen stuck down in the valve. After 2 hours of trying to get it out (it was jammed in there) got it out and put on a new screen. Got the truck back together and she fired up better than ever. If you are considering doing this repair and I would encourage you to try it out. I was nervous but it isn't that bad.

Attached Thumbnails
Fixed my STC fitting.  Not too bad.-img_1967.jpg   Fixed my STC fitting.  Not too bad.-img_1972.jpg   Fixed my STC fitting.  Not too bad.-img_1973.jpg   Fixed my STC fitting.  Not too bad.-img_1974.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
cool

Nice, I did my dummy plug and stand in the driver side but it has been raining so I have not got to the pass side yet, as soon as the weather will allow I will do it then the stc fitting is next, I'm working in the street as my truck will not fit in the garage so I have to wait on the weather.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Nice. I see you already have a cooler delete. That makes the job go atleast an hour quicker.

oh yeah, and you're not supposed to reinstall that old bracket over top of the new STC fitting (the new bolts aren't the same length). Apparently your STC was already changed once and that's how that bracket got in there. did you actually verify that the STC was blown out again? It sounds to me like your IPR was the cause for the no-start......that leaves me wondering what went through the IPR to blow the screen out....?

Last edited by sinner6.0L; 04-02-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.