Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Weird Leak

1K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Galaxie 
#1 ·
So it has warmed up here on the East Coast. A few nights it has dropped into the low 30s tho. On both of those nights, I have had coolant drip from the passenger side back of my motor. About a total 2/3 FL OZ I would say. Each time I see it, I am in a hurry for work and cannot dig. My first thought would be the hose on the EGR cooler delete. Any other ideas while I am stuck at work and cannot look for another 10 hours...... :crazy:

Mods in e-sig.

#2 ·
Wow! 10hrs to think about a leak!! In that case, your pass side head is cracked!! Ha! JK!!

My guess would be one of these--- EGR hose, oil cooler housing gasket, heater core hose.

#3 ·
Thanks. I already visioned myself pulling the turbo and having days into the 15 drops of ELC I just found.

Gawd I hope that 3" hose is wet......

#4 ·
The truck is fine, your wife is playing a cruel prank. She has been sneaking out and leaving a small coolant puddle under your truck!

#5 ·
HAHA! :) That would be awesome!

#6 ·
I cant find the leak but it looks like the top of the motor is a bit wet. Cant see any hose issue. MIght be cover gasket. dang. lol

#7 ·
That sucks! At least the weather here in PA has been nice. Gonna rain tomorrow here on the SEPA side.

#8 ·
Yea.... I just wonder why it has only done it when the temp dropped off?

Its storming here right now. :thumb:

#9 ·
It is because I am a gear head or because I love my toys that I found this leak, thought the worse and spent all night looking at Powermax turbos, injectors, remote oil cooler (I mean why not, I probably have to take it all apart right). I planned the weekend I would have to take the top of this motor apart to fix this leak that I deemed to be something horroble.

Yea, it was the freaking T I spliced into the heater hose for the dang coolant filter. It just needed tightened.

#12 ·
Yea, it was the freaking T I spliced into the heater hose for the dang coolant filter. It just needed tightened.
Glad it was something simple and easy, Colin! :thumb:

#10 ·
I had issues with my "T" fitting, stupid plastic fitting!!

You should of hit the "buy now" while you had the chance! He He!!

#15 ·
^^^^ hahahahah! Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.