Installed three cup holders in the back of my Crew Cab - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 06:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Installed three cup holders in the back of my Crew Cab

Yeah, there's four up front and two in the back seat armrest (Lariat) from the factory. BUT if you're like me and have three kids, a wife a dog or any other combo of 5+ passengers that doesn't work worth a crapola! On a long trip like I'm fixen' to take from MI to AL to GA to Fl and back to MI with three kids and the wife, some dagum cup holders come in handy back yonder!

SO....
I bought these from Autozone for like $1.49ea. I trimmed two of them down, sanded the tops so they're purrty. Then I used 3M double side tape to attach them the flatest parts of the fake wood for the two doors. I put three strips of the 1/2" tape down the back sides...

On the middle one, I cut the extra crapola off at the top and slipped it in next to a hinge. Then I bent the mount down inside of the console and screwed it down. I had to trim the little hooky things on the back of the strap so the cover would open all the way without it rubben' real bad. I also put DS tape on the back of it to hold it in place, keep it from flopping around.
Sorry I forgot to take a pic of the inside of the console but you'll get the drift, I think.

Make sure you clean the heck out of everything with Rubben' alchy and use your womans hair drier to make it stick good.
Attached Thumbnails
Installed three cup holders in the back of my Crew Cab-0326121901a.jpg   Installed three cup holders in the back of my Crew Cab-0326121908a.jpg   Installed three cup holders in the back of my Crew Cab-0326121924a.jpg   Installed three cup holders in the back of my Crew Cab-0328120938a.jpg  

Last edited by cook03f250; 03-28-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2012, 06:48 AM
Serving Our Country!

What about them supersized drinks, they might not fit in the ones on the doors. Make sure they don't slam those doors either.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeek View Post
What about them supersized drinks, they might not fit in the ones on the doors. Make sure they don't slam those doors either.
Ain't nobody having one of those big messy things im my BBT (Big Beautiful Truck)! Especially the kids. Also, them little "arms" or sides expanded for bigger drinks.
Slammen' doors ain't allowed in my BBT either. But if it happnes, they ain't goen' nowhere. That 3M DS tape is STRONG (as long as a guy cleans the surfaces real good with alchy and heats it up)...
Kinda worried about getting them off some day!
Old 03-28-2012, 07:59 AM
Serving Our Country!

Doors slamming gets a Marine Corps butt chewing. I'm not worried about the holders coming off but if there is a drink in there it might go flyin... not cool
Old 03-28-2012, 08:06 AM

Yeah, true. Especially the way I drive! Usually I make the kids get waters becuase it good for them and it's free!!!!

BTW, I'm an Army Vet and I know how to give a good *** chewen' myself!

WHHOOO RRAAAHHHH!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.