NO Cruise ????? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 07:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NO Cruise ?????

Well I bought my truck drove it 140 miles home. Used the Cruise till we stopped for fuel. Got back on the interstate and nothing, NO cruise??? Well it has worked several times since, and not worked several times also. Well the last 4 or 5 times it won't work at all. I got out the manual and there is no fuse for the Speed control???? I took the buttons off the wheel and checked the wires, and found nothing??? Any ideas guys???

The only other think I can think of that may be connected or not. Behind the passenger side battery there is an oval shaped canister that has 2 nipples on it next to the fire wall pointing straight up. One is marked VAC the other nothing. There is no hose plugged into either one of them. But I thought all the new speed control was electronic not vacuum. THANKS HOOVY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

it is electric and its a pain i had the same issue with our van it worked when it wanted to or i had to keep hit the set button over and over... now it works just fine like nothing ever happen pull the conections and spray them with electrical cleaner hell im not even sure where that all goes on these trucks since there tbw and tbc throttle by wire and throttle by cable
Old 03-28-2012, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOVY View Post
Well I bought my truck drove it 140 miles home. Used the Cruise till we stopped for fuel. Got back on the interstate and nothing, NO cruise??? Well it has worked several times since, and not worked several times also. Well the last 4 or 5 times it won't work at all. I got out the manual and there is no fuse for the Speed control???? I took the buttons off the wheel and checked the wires, and found nothing??? Any ideas guys???

The only other think I can think of that may be connected or not. Behind the passenger side battery there is an oval shaped canister that has 2 nipples on it next to the fire wall pointing straight up. One is marked VAC the other nothing. There is no hose plugged into either one of them. But I thought all the new speed control was electronic not vacuum. THANKS HOOVY
Hoovy, give me your year and model, I have access to the workshop manuals online, (my son's a tech) I can send you the section on diagnostics.
And if you are "THE HOOVY" who lives near me in VA, bring her down to my garage, I'm sure we can sort it out.

John
Old 03-28-2012, 04:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

WELL WHAT DO YA KNOW ???

Big John, how are ya pal? Hope you are recovered from your operations

My truck is a CC 06 F250, may have to take you up on that. My EGR keeps lighting my engine light, my super chip pgmr will clear it but it keeps coming back. Guess I need to ditch the SC and buy a better programer,any suggestions??

Riding any yet? I had mine out once. Just went back to work on the mon a week ago. Getting up at 5am stinks THANKS HOOVY
Old 03-28-2012, 06:01 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
My truck did the same thing, sometimes cruise would work and then it wouldnt. Then the horn started doing the same, sometimes it would work then it wouldnt. Turned out it was the clockspring in the steering column.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:10 AM

Hoovy,
I'm doing an EGR delete on my cousin's '03 6.0 at the end of June, I've got the setup, (topside creeper tools, garage) and been-there done-that on my '04.
Let me know, we can do yours if you have time.

I'm not using a tune, I'm still stock, I'm happy with the power..............and the mileage, 22 mpg unloaded highway! I'll see how it does pulling our travel trailer, hopefully I can get 12 to 14 towing. I'd be thrilled!

I rode the RC 51 today from home to W'boro, literally froze my azz off!!!!! BUT
I still can't get the GRIN: off my face, I LOVE THAT BIKE!!!! it can't get REALLY WARM fast enough to suit me!

Take care, John

BTW, that makes 3 forums we've "met" on Corvette, RC 51, now Powerstroke
Old 03-31-2012, 09:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Realy Cool

I thought the same thing after I read your post, funny. Wanted to ride today but looks like rain. I'll just wait.

Man that is great millage . I took mine to Richmond yesterday and got 16.2 according to the dash read out.

Ride with you soon HOOVY
Old 03-31-2012, 07:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOVY View Post

my trucks cruise stopped working and it turned out that the fuse for the horn also is the fuse for the cruise control and nowhere could i find that out the only reason i figured it out is because i checked into why my phone didnt work. im a ford tech and even the wiring diagrams i have access to didnt show that the cruise was fused through the horn fuse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.