degas bottle leaking - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 07:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
degas bottle leaking

And no its is not from the cap lol. so my degas bottle is leaking (must have a crack in it) and i know for a fact it isnt puking. its coming out of the top of the bottle and on the seem where it is put together. so where is the best place to get a new one at? because im assuming ford will want an arm and a leg and a nut for one.

I can see where its leaking cause when i look under the hood right after i turn it off the coolant that came out is bubbling from the pressure coming out of the degas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2012, 07:04 PM

Check eBay and do a google search and click on the shopping tab use drop down bar set lowest price first. Check and make sure seller is legit though.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:05 PM

Btw ford had the degass bottle marked as 175 plus tax I know this cuz I just got one from them. But lucky me I didn't have to pay for it
Old 03-25-2012, 07:19 PM
Serving Our Country!

The Engine Coolant Recovery Tank (PN: 8A080) is $87.33 from FordParts.com or $57.64 at TousleyFordParts.com. Commonly known as the degas tank or expansion tank or coolant reservoir. I too had this tank to crack and replaced it for the reasonable sum of about $60...even a small crack will allow a substantial volume of coolant loss under pressure.

This is an inexpensive fix.

Jonathan
Old 03-25-2012, 07:19 PM

Tousley Ford has it listed for $57.64, not to bad i thought it would be more. But does a site vendor have any for sale for cheaper or does any of them have them for sale period?
Old 03-25-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howell_jd View Post
The Engine Coolant Recovery Tank (PN: 8A080) is $87.33 from FordParts.com or $57.64 at TousleyFordParts.com. Commonly known as the degas tank or expansion tank or coolant reservoir. I too had this tank to crack and replaced it for the reasonable sum of about $60...even a small crack will allow a substantial volume of coolant loss under pressure.

This is an inexpensive fix.

Jonathan
Oops you beat me too it. looks like tousley will be my best bet, just wasnt sure if a site vendor carried them as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.