Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

rollin' in on 200,000...

888 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Evil Eye 
#1 ·
...kms! Not miles. I got the truck at 183000kms just over a year ago. 2 oil changes, fuel filters just recently. I'm not entirely sure what was done while it was at the dealership except for an EGR valve cleaning, but I'm wondering what I should be looking for when I go through it. If need be I'll send it to a shop but I'm not sure if I'd trust it out of a Ford shop's hands (although I may cringe at the bill...).

So far I have:
-inspect and lube linkage, ball joints, suspension, driveshaft,
-lube 4x4 (4x2?) front wheel bearings, front axle u joints
-trans fluid change

should I replace the transfer case fluid? axle fluid?
Is there any Ford Techs that could tell me what they typically look at when taking in a used PSD to sell?

#2 ·
NICE! When I work in PHX AZ I drive an 07 with 225k miles. She has ONLY had brakes and fuids changed. Oh and a few EGRs but that is IT!

#3 ·
thats crazy, definitely a testament to what these trucks are capable of going through. I feel very confident in my truck as it has had next to no issues aside from the STC fitting and 1 injector.

#4 ·
Bump! Any techs out there that can answer?

#5 ·
I do the t-case and axle oil change every other time I change the tranny fluid. For us it's every 60k miles. Not sure what that translates to in km... You might also change your brake fluid since over time it attracts water and will cause your brakes to get spongy and some folks think it causes the brakes to drag and/or seize up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.