stand pipes and dummy plugs - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 07:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
stand pipes and dummy plugs

are they on the top of the oil rails? cause i see two hex head "bolts" on the top im only wondering incase there on the ends which i dont think they are correct me if im wrong please and pictures would be nice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Glow Plugs Only

They fit in the two large threaded holes closest to you in the picture below Old style standpipes and dummy plugs pictured. If yours are hex it's the new style.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:36 PM

im taking it the stand pipe is closest to the hpop or rear of the oil rail and the plug is at the front? i havent started this project yet but am looking at doing it while i have the ficm off to be repaired so i wana get everything located and such, thanks for the good picture
Old 03-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Glow Plugs Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokedoutlaw View Post
im taking it the stand pipe is closest to the hpop or rear of the oil rail and the plug is at the front? i havent started this project yet but am looking at doing it while i have the ficm off to be repaired so i wana get everything located and such, thanks for the good picture
Correct. You also said yours had a hex drive. If thats the case you have the upgraded ones. The ols style are two piece standpipe and are square drive. You can see both types in my ""started the bulletproofing endeavour"" thread
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/gen...-new-post.html
Old 03-20-2012, 08:02 PM

oh crap i didnt know the old ones didnt have that, i saw the new ones on bpds web site and figured the old ones were the same. i just watched a youtube vid on a sr master tech and was putting a head back on and put the ones with the hex drive on it, and it got me thinking that mabe when they put the studs in they "hopefully" put in the updated ones i hope
Old 03-20-2012, 08:18 PM

only reason why im looking at doing this is because ive developed a rather small leak on the back of the engine but cant really see where its coming from but is coming from above the head gaskets so theres some good news! and i really dont want to take it to the dealer i had do the studs cause when i took the truck to them for the first oil change to do a once over they forgot to put the oil cap back on so i dont want to take it back and have them forget something again
Old 03-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Hex new, square old, on my 07 the old ones were a 10mm allen, and the new ones were 12mm, and my new stand pipes were still two piece but had the white teflon washers, are there more then one updated versions of the stand pipes? Am I going to have a problem or am I just not understanding what you mean.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.