Selling Truck?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Selling Truck??

Ok guys need some help...had my truck for about a year now, and love it, but im not pulling or towing as much as i thought....so im thinkin about gettin rid of it....price of diesel with me just cruising around is killing me.....I just got a house and the money i dont use to pay for the house is goin in the tank of the truck....so i wanted to know wat i could try and sell my truck for....wats a good going price....
heres wat i have.....

2004 F250 Crew Cab Xlt
round up to 63,000 miles....and ive done some work to it...
here is a pics....let me know wat i should ask....and if u got any questions let me know....

Thanks
Cody
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2012, 06:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to White7.3stroker
Hey man nice truck!! And have you kbb it to see what it says and that is a nice low mileage truck!! Hate you have to sale it!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
Old 03-10-2012, 06:10 PM

no i havent thought id check here, the people on here are whos buying them, they will know wat they paid....and i dont have to sell it....but id like to...its taking all my money...
Old 03-10-2012, 11:05 PM

id ask about 22 to 25 so if they try and low ball ya its still putting you in the green, if i was you i would hold on to it in my opinion cause about the only thing getting better fuel mileage is either a car or a new diesel for in town that is. theres a guy i work with that had a newer duramax that sold it and went to a gas burner and says he wishes he never got ride of it
Old 03-11-2012, 07:20 AM

thats wat i was thinking, maybe start 24ish...and then work with people....and yea i dont know if i should get rid of it or not....if i dont sell im looking to get an older truck to fix up for a daily driver...but just not sure yet...
Old 03-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Not sure what you could get for it 04 xlts are only selling for around 16 with your mileage where I live. If it was a lariat maybe 18. Just bought mine 2 months ago 05ccsb king ranch 90k for 22 at a.ford dealership. Just a reference. Good luck with your sell and.good looking.truck.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:06 AM

the reason i said 22 to 25 is so cause i work with a guy thats a craigslistaholic and a flippin jew! ive seen him talk down a guy that wants 3 for a truck and got it for a thousand and turns around and sells it for 2 to 2500 just like that so if you shoot high and they low ball ya its pretty close to what you would take for the truck
Old 03-11-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_nelson View Post
Not sure what you could get for it 04 xlts are only selling for around 16 with your mileage where I live. If it was a lariat maybe 18. Just bought mine 2 months ago 05ccsb king ranch 90k for 22 at a.ford dealership. Just a reference. Good luck with your sell and.good looking.truck.
so ur saying u paid 6,000 more for leather and more miles??? Im new to the game, and i know diesel last a long time, but if u paid 22 for a truck with 90k, i would think i could get some where close to 20....for that extra 2 grand u could put brand new leather in....but thanks for the thought...
Old 03-11-2012, 09:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

05 and up is a huge difference where i live and 05 and up lariats with under 120k where i live are going for 24k. 04 and under with lariat under 80k are 16k all day. it could just be the difference in location but i searched for 3 months in a 300 mile radius. i wanted 05 and up with lariat or better package for personal preference. didnt hurt that i got the lift, wheels, tires, stereo, intake, and exhaust for free. would have had 30k invested if i hadnt waited but now i have sunroof, digital climate control, heated seats, and i would not trade my truck for anything. like i said the year was preference with the options. i had and 06 f350 fx4 xlt cc with 76k for 17k at another ford dealer but i had to have lariat. again just a reference and good luck with your sale. my buddy just sold his 04 ccsb fx4 lariat for 10k because he could not find a buyer and his truck was mint but had just over 100k.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:20 AM

well i hope i can do better then that....blue book said any where from 22 to 25....I think i might go with 24 and see where it takes me....cant find any used diesel in my area.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.