Bostech EGR Cooler - Trying to bulletproof this thing - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bostech EGR Cooler - Trying to bulletproof this thing

Hi All,
My 2004 F-250 is currently down for a FICM (at the dealer now getting this done), two injectors (I am planning to replace the difference of the ones I haven't done yet), and an oil cooler. I am going to do the injectors and oil cooler myself. I plan to replace all of these components with OEM parts. While I have it all torn apart, I am thinking of upgrading the EGR cooler. I would like to delete it, but I am a bit of a chicken and dont want to run into problems when its time to smog it again. I have looked at the Bulletproof EGR cooler and the Bostech EGR cooler and they are roughly the same price. I ran into the Injector Warehouse website and they advertise the Bostech EGR cooler that they describe as "bulletproof". It sounds like their product is designed the same as the Bulletproof brand EGR cooler, they just take a stock cooler and replace the internals to match the Bulletproof internals. Does anyone know of any major differences in these products? I obviously would like to get the better of the two products. What is special about the Bulletproof brand? Does Bulletproof manufacture the entire EGR cooler or do they do the same as Bostech? Are either of these truly "bulletproof"? Should I go with one or the other? The website of the Bostech is EGR500 Ford Diesel Powerstroke EGR Coolers - Injector Warehouse
Any help is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 05:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

No one has ever heard of the Bulletproof brand EGR Cooler? I Googled it for 30 seconds and heard of it. I would like a real world review, not the companies sales brochure. I am asking for some descent feedback from an owner of this product.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Do a search on here. Bulletproof Diesel is about as reputable and legitimate as you can possibly get in the way of parts for the 6.0L system. If it were my money, I would have no problem buying any of their products. I've never heard of Bostech, however, I'd be willing to bet their design is a copy of Bulletproofs.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:19 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Not sure why you would want to go with an off brand name when you could have the BulletProof EGR cooler for the same price. Even if they were exactly the same, which I'm not discounting, how many customers do each of these companies have running this product that can speak to the durability and reliability of it? I've been running their EGR cooler and oil cooler for about 2 years now and have had NO issues. This after replacing 4 EGR coolers and 1 oil cooler in the first 100k miles (about 1 for every 25k miles).

PS. I'm a big supporter of BulletProof as are many of the folks on this and other sites. I think you would have a difficult time finding anyone running the cooler that you mention to offer up their opinion.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:28 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Most here have heard of Bulletproof. They're a site sponsor and known for their high quality parts and excellent reputation.

I gotta go with Shawn why go with the knockoff when you can get the known quality piece from Bulletproof for the same price
Old 03-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks everybody. That is what I needed to hear. I was leaning to the Bulletproof, but was interested in possible problems anyone had. The Bulletproof it is. Thank you again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.