Stereo Install Complete + other toys... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Stereo Install Complete + other toys...

Since I will be hitting the interstate more frequently in the future, I figured it would be a good time to upgrade the stereo system and add some video for my two boys in the rear.

I completely bypassed the factory wiring with 14 ga. since outboard crossovers were used in each corner (Cerwin-Vega Vmax 65 components) running on a JL Audio JX360 4-channel amplifier. I have a Probox 8" subwoofer enclosure (Probox 09F35018L-400) (Probox Amplifier Rack F250) behind the rear seat running on a JL Audio 500/1 monoblock amp. All power and ground wire are 4 ga. with fuses and a distribution block. The amps are mounted on a Probox Amplifier mount and looks very, very nice in the truck, as well as top notch fit and finish. Plus, everything is made in the USA which is always a plus - he same can be said for JL Audio. I had a brain fart when I was outlining the back trim piece for the subwoofer. For some reason I did not account for the hump toward the middle and ended up cutting it out - I will modify it in the future when i get a chance

I already had a Pioneer DVD head unit, so I was able to hook up a rear LCD screen for the kids - it broadcasts to wireless headphones as well. I also have an Ipod Classic hooked up tot he head unit with about 80 movies. The system is already setup for a PS3 and power inverter which will go in soon.

I installed the Edge CTS a couple of months ago (replaced the CS) and took a snapshot of the pyro in case anybody needed to see a good location for it.

Also, I installed the Ravelco Anti-theft system, minus the wire splicing. the unit is installed through the firewall and taped up, as well as wire conduit. All I need to do is figure out which circuits to tap into. The hard part is done.

I will update the thread with more thoughts once I get more seat time and finalize the tuning.

Enjoy the pics...

Last edited by mmm635; 03-05-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Nice!! For my kids, I put in a 17" LCD TV/DVD. But mounted mine on a post with a bracket to the floor so I can remove the TV and use in the camper. Had to disassemble the TV to paint it tan to match the interior.

I do like your rear TV/monitor set up better!! Can you tell me what brand rear LCD monitor and did it come already with the tan color around it.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Premium Member

Looks good! Nice job. What happened to the passenger arm rest?
Old 06-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Premium Member

What type of Edge mount is that??? That is awesome!!!!
Old 06-03-2012, 11:45 AM

Good idea on the ravelco. I had one installed in my 97. The inventor Vinny actually lives down the road from me. He installed it himself. How hard would you say the install was for yourself?
Old 06-03-2012, 12:13 PM

awesome job. i just did something similar but far less customization. one suggestion though, go to walmart or bestbuy and replace that protruding double usb 12v with one of those tiny flushmounts you can't even see....best 12 bucks you can spend!
Old 06-03-2012, 11:56 PM
Premium Member

anybody have any idea what edge mount that is?? I have been looking for ideas to get mine off of the windshield...
Old 06-03-2012, 11:56 PM
Premium Member

Also what rear dvd screen was used?? great idea...
Old 06-04-2012, 02:23 AM

Nice.. My kids would love all that and so would I.. Good job..
Old 06-04-2012, 08:05 AM
Air Assault!!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MPTonyT
My opinions on this install and what i might have done differently. If you don't care what I have to say then skip to next post if so then read on.

If you are going to run the tweeters in the rear doors it would be beneficial to run the driver in the rear door as well. Imaging would be way off. Amp rack looks good (clean up the wiring and zip tie everything). When putting round speakers in an oval hole you sound always make or use adapter plates like these.

Best Kits BKUSB60 Universal 6X9" Car Speaker Adaptor Plates - BKUSB60
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.