Need Lifting and Wheel Help PLZ!!!!!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 02:03 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need Lifting and Wheel Help PLZ!!!!!!!

I know this isnt the right spot to post this but, i know this is the area that gets the most action, hoping to get some good advice quick. I have a 2004 F250 6.0 that i wanna lift 4-4.5'' I read numerous threads apon threads about lifts till my eyes explode. There is so many companies out their to go with. From what i read icon, pro comp,skyjacker, and pure performance seem to be some of the best. I know carli and full traction r above them but out of my price range.

Pro comp 4'' lift with fox revservoir shocks around 1450
consist of: Lift Height: 4 InchesFront Lift: Leaf SpringsFront Sway Bar SpacersBump StopsSteering Correction: Pitman ArmRear Lift: Block/U-Bolt Kit w/Add-A-LeafsShocks: Front/Rear 2.0 Fox Reservoir ShocksShock Boots Not Included

Cary's 4.5'' lift with bilstein shocks around 1500
consist of:4.5" Front Hangers and Shackles
5" Fabricated Lift Blocks w/ Built in Bump Stop
Box Kit w/ Pitman Arm, Track Bar Bracket & Sway Bar Links
Rear U-bolt Kit
1" Bump Stop Spacer Kit
4ea Bilstein shocks

Icon 4.5'' Hanger System no shocks around 1200
consist of- 4.5" Front Hangers and Shackles - 5" Fabricated Lift Blocks w/ Built in Bump Stop
- Box Kit w/ Pitman Arm, Track Bar Bracket & Sway Bar Links- Rear U-bolt Kit
- 1" Bump Stop Spacer Kit

Icon 4'' Suspension Lift no shocks around 1300
consist of- 4" Front Springs with U-bolts- 4" Cast Lift Blocks w/ Built in Bump Stop- Box Kit w/ Pitman Arm, Track Bar Bracket & Sway Bar Links- 1" Bump Stop Spacers- Rear U-bolt Kit

Fabtech 5.5'' Suspension lift with performance shocks around 1300
consist of- Front Box Kit **2000-04**
2 FTS275 Gas & 6.0L Diesel Front Leaf Spring- 3” Block Kit ** 2000-04** U-Bolt Kit **2000-04 ONLY** 2 Performance Front Shocks-2 Performance Rear Shocks

Which would you go with????????????? Also will i need a dual steering stabilizer set up for the front?

As for wheels i found a set of ''Incubus Recoil 518'' Wheels since i cant get the mkw m26 due to them being discontinued. Have anybody have any experience with these wheels? Do they Pit or Peal fast? Is this a low quality Wheel? I want to get them in a 20x9 or 20x10 Which with is better? I know i need them in a 8x170 bolt pattern with 4.5'' back spacing. Which offset is best? I really dont want them to stick out far a little bit is no biggie but dont want something to happen and they hit the fender.

I have spent hrs and countless hrs doing research and i dont know which way to go. Mabey i am thinking to much into it? But i would like some so other members advice. I extremely appreciate any input.

Thanks Joe

Last edited by shustack; 03-02-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

4" skyjacker. 35x13.50r18 Mickey Thompson MTZ. Dual steering stabilizer. Total of three steering stabilizers. Looks and rides great. IMO.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

not trying to hyjack but polkville, do you know the specs on those wheels? ...how wide and the backspacing.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:29 PM
Premium Member

I would buy whichever lift did NOT require stacking blocks! I run Pro-Comp springs front and rear. Blocks are for building houses.

Having run 365/65/16 (34.5x14.5) Toyos, if your front end is in good shape, you won't need a stabilizer. I had one on for about a month, bent it wheeling one night in '07, NEVER put it back, no problems, even when I had 14.5" tires.

If you're going to run 35X12.5s, may as well get the 10s. I'm on a 4.5 back space, back space and off set are two different ways of measuring the SAME thing. So whatever off set it takes to make a 4.5" backspace is where you want to be.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karls03 View Post
I would buy whichever lift did NOT require stacking blocks! I run Pro-Comp springs front and rear. Blocks are for building houses.

Having run 365/65/16 (34.5x14.5) Toyos, if your front end is in good shape, you won't need a stabilizer. I had one on for about a month, bent it wheeling one night in '07, NEVER put it back, no problems, even when I had 14.5" tires.

If you're going to run 35X12.5s, may as well get the 10s. I'm on a 4.5 back space, back space and off set are two different ways of measuring the SAME thing. So whatever off set it takes to make a 4.5" backspace is where you want to be.
Hey you wouldn't happen to have a pic of your truck with those toyo's on it would you? And what size lift did you have to clear them? O yeah and we're they the a/t toyo's?

Btw I would get the 5.5" lift cuz IMO it never hurts to be looking down at everyone else. lol
Old 03-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFordman87 View Post
Hey you wouldn't happen to have a pic of your truck with those toyo's on it would you? And what size lift did you have to clear them? O yeah and we're they the a/t toyo's?
Pics are in my profile. The rear lift is 6" springs, I think the front lift was the 3" hangers and add-a-leaf. Didn't like that too well and put a 5 inch spring on the front.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Pics are in my profile. The rear lift is 6" springs, I think the front lift was the 3" hangers and add-a-leaf. Didn't like that too well and put a 5 inch spring on the front.
So you had to have 5" of lift to clear 35x14.50?
Old 03-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Premium Member

Yup. If you look close, you will see where the front bumper was pushed forward to gain clearance also. Those Toyos pulled the trim off the right side of the bumper before I moved it out. I'd still be running them if Toyo still made them.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Yup. If you look close, you will see where the front bumper was pushed forward to gain clearance also. Those Toyos pulled the trim off the right side of the bumper before I moved it out. I'd still be running them if Toyo still made them.
I would have to look for the link but I'm sure I just found them for like 250 a tire the other day. And I believe I found the nitto terra grapplers for 200 a tire
Old 03-02-2012, 11:08 PM
Premium Member

I couldn't find any last March when I needed tires, so I bought the "me too" BFGs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.