Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Why does the engine turn off?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  dwpayne 
#1 ·
I took my truck out on the trails today and there's certain times in mud holes and I'm hard on the go pedal making my through that my engine will shut off. Is there some sort of rev limiter or safety that turns it off when this happens or is this something that needs to be addressed? Truck runs great otherwise and have no issues with it on road or off road.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#2 ·
Sounds fuel-delivery related. I see you have the banjos and blue spring upgrade, but do you have a gauge to check fuel pressure?

A diesel cutting out while running is never a good thing...

#3 ·
Nope, cant be good. Maybe bad ficm, fuel related. Really your gonna have to do some work here to find out. Do you have any guages? I wouldnt even turn my truck on in the first place if I didnt have guages....lol

#4 ·
Yea I got gauges everything is fine it's just does it when I hit the pedal hard and say I'm in a mud hole creeping through it at WOT then while it's deep in the red it will turn off.

#6 ·
Also what is your ficmV while you doing that?

#7 ·
My ficm is good reading at 48v but I don't have a gauge for fuel pressure I have a manual gauge I can hook up but I can't find where to hook it up at I know I have read about people hooking up a gauge by tapping into the top of the fuel filter but I can't find it when I need it (typical) so I'm at a loss now since now my truck won't even start if you look at the more previous post you'll see my new situation going on

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.