Keyless entry - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 05:43 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Keyless entry

I just recently got my 04 f250 and it didn't come with owners Manuel. I was wondering if there was any way to get the key pad code or maybe reset it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 07:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Its the code on the body control module. I think they are against the back of the cab behind the rear seat. Thats the code that will always work, you cant change that one but you could add your own.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

my truck is an 05 . not sure if it is the same spot but mine is on the back side of the fire wall behind the radio area. i had to find it from the bottom useing a bore scope. it was tricky but once i located it it was plain as day.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastyL8 View Post
my truck is an 05 . not sure if it is the same spot but mine is on the back side of the fire wall behind the radio area. i had to find it from the bottom useing a bore scope. it was tricky but once i located it it was plain as day.
That's where mine was (unless you have a borescope or an inspection mirror, you need to me a yoga master), you need to move a wire bundle and some insulation out of the way but the factory code is written in white marker on the control box. After you have that I can't remember the process to set your own code but it's not difficult to find online, that's how I found out
Old 02-25-2012, 10:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Have fun cause it's not easy. Once you find it, make sure you write it down because you wont want to go through that again. It's easier the second time and third time. The insulation will be your biggest problem. You will find it easier by pulling the stereo so you can work from all sides. It's a clearly marked sticker.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:59 AM
War is the answer!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
And....it the battery has every gone dead thats no longer the code anyways...lol I did all that amd got the code but it wasnt rigbt so I had to buy a new keypad. Wasnt bad they are only 80 from ford.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

It is up in the dash, i was thinking of the f150.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:09 AM

I have not tried yet, but i have been told in the past that you can go to Ford and they can look it up with your VIN. I do not have my code either and hoping they can do it for me.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:21 AM

I have finally found it after ripping most of the dash and saying more words then this forum will allow i got it. I found the easiest way is to take off the little hook plate and the ash tray if yours has it. I didn't notice it at first because there is a lot of insulation used long screw driver to move it around. Its on a black modular plug looking thing says bosh on it and its up side down to boot.. but i got it hopefully this helps ill try post pics if anyone has as much trouble as i did.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

dont waste your time at the ford dealer they will charge you about 75 bucks for something you can find in about 5 minutes. under the steering will just to the right is your storage tray,open it up pull it down and find the white insulation and move it out of the way. you will have to look sort of up behind the radio and the module is mounted on the firewall. you will need a good flashlight maybe a mirror and some stretching exercises. it may be a white or black box but you can see the five numbers on it. may wanna move your seat all the way back. have a beer first and loosen up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.