HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP !!!! I am cornfused - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 11:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP !!!! I am cornfused

Well I have been reading to much I guess. I just bought an 06 F250 CC 4X4 with 124k miles. Only problems I have found is the powersteering pump appears to be leaking and the coolant level was GAL LOW. I have been reading a TON of stuff on the EGR delete and welding and replacing ETC........ My brain is SPINING I found this video yesterday and makes some sense but also doesn't in other parts. I have read several threads on this site about the EGR stuff but want the MOST reliable solution possible.
HELP ME abefore i loose my marbles Hoovy

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 11:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

powerstrokehelp on youtube. I just bought an 05 and this guy has been really helpful. That coolant issue is a big deal. You should probably flush your system and replace the coolant cap. The factory caps are junk and allow the system to lose pressure and your coolant boils out causing undue heat to your engine.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

OK New Cap ?????

I have seen every part for this thing but the new cap for the degas bottle. Where do I get one and any certain brand better than the others??? My head is spinning. THANKS HOOVY
Old 02-25-2012, 11:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Advanced auto parts has em' for $5 or Autozone. The factory cap has a weak spring.

check it out.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
just be careful with the info on powerstrokehelp.

have you read this, it explains what goes on with the 6.0 issues.
Things to consider about owning a 6.0L
Old 02-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If you value your truck you will stay away from Powerstrokehelp dot com. He only makes sense when you don't know any better. To those that do understand the 6.0 the guy is a joke.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
To those that do understand the 6.0 the guy is a joke.
Not being confrontational....just wondering why?
Old 02-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Because he is wrong about MANY things and will get you worried when you don't need to be.

He is wrong about the degas cap as well. Yes many caps are weak, but it is not a crisis. Your system isn't intended to run at 16 psig - more like half that. If you have a correct level in the degas and you aren't seeing evidence of coolant being released from the cap - then you are fine.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks Guys

Well that is one of my worries. I don't have a lot of the powder some talk about around the cap just a very small amount and it;s yellow looking. But Mine was a gallon low. It took the whole gallon to get it back to the max level. I don't have any white smoke or anything. Should I be worried?? I did take it up on the mtn this evening and ran it wide open for 5 or 6 seconds twice. Some white smoke at first but ran like a top!!! Man it is amazing how much quicker the 6.0 is over the 7.3. I really like my truck just want to get it to a state where I don't have that worry in the back of my mind So the Sinister delete isn't that bad of a product???? THANKS GUYS !!! HOOVY
Old 02-25-2012, 04:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

A gallon low is an issue. You need to find the leak. It could be the EGR cooler hose, a crack in the degas bottle, radiator hose leaks, or a leaking EGR cooler, etc.

The proper MAXIUMUM level for the degas bottle is actually at the minmimum line. If you keep the level there and use the proper 50/50 coolant, you shouuld not have any puking. If you are puking some, I would suggest rigging up a pressure gauge for the degas bottle. Parts: a tee, some hose and a chap gauge that gets as close to 20 psig (18 psig would be OK, but 20 psig is better) as you can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.