Replacing Filter housing with y-block - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 09:19 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Replacing Filter housing with y-block

My truck has a regulated return fuel system, so the stock secondary fuel filter housing and fpr are no longer necessary. I left it in place for the oil filter. Now that I have installed a BPD oil cooler and filter, that oil filter is no longer necessary either. I want to remove the whole housing and replace it with just a y-block in the fuel supply lines and a straight through fitting in the return line. Does anyone who has done this, know what size fitings I need on the y-block and return line?

I'm sure I could take the whole housing in to the aeromotive dealer and get the right size, but I'd rather not have my truck down for that length of time, and I can save by getting what I need on line. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2012, 09:35 AM
Powerstroke Techie

I saved this link for when I have time this spring to put in my AD2 that's been sitting here since June! (I'm a slacker!!). This may give you some ideas.

Custom fuel system- add your ideas/input
Old 02-24-2012, 10:02 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Thanks lilpooh. That helped a little. At some point I'd like to redo my fuel system like what they were talking about in that thread with an A1000 and Baldwin filters and all braided stainless lines. I am just looking for someone to tell me what size fittings I need on the y-block to eliminate the filter housing.

Maybe, I need to explain my current setup a little better. I have a FASS 150/95 drawing fuel from the tank (it has filter and water separator, and removes air supposedly). The FASS feeds the stock OEM fuel pump, which should last a while since it's getting clean fuel and doesn't have to work very hard. From the OEM pump, I have all stock fuel lines up to the OEM filter housing on the engine. Then, the regulated return system comes off the OEM filter housing, stainless lines feeding the heads, then from the back of the heads, stainless lines to the aeromovtive regulator, then stainless line back to the OEM filter housing. From the filter housing, I have the stock return line.

Right now, the system is a little over-complicated and redundant, but it works well. I have two regulators. I want to remove the stock regulator and filter housing. Later, I will remove all of the stock fuel lines and go to all stainless like I said before. I am wondering if anyone knows what size fittings go into and out of the OEM filter housing?
Old 02-24-2012, 11:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pretty sure the return line fitting is straight cut metric 14mmx1.5.
PM me later today, I have all my parts sheets at home.

I have the entire fuel system ready to install, just need to find the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.