Now that I have a cts now what - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 06:49 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Now that I have a cts now what

Ok so got my cts like I've posted already had it installed for a few days egt probe going in Monday anyways what do I want to look for I mean I see my ect eot ficm voltage but what are normal numbers what should they be reading oh and by the way its really cool to be able to see what all is going on I just don't know enough about diesel engines to know what to look for but im learning everyday. Thanks for any information

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2012, 06:58 AM
Premium Member

EOT and ECT should be within a couple degrees of eachother. FICM voltage should be 48V all the time.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:59 AM

Also I tow a maxisneaker trecher and vibratory plow. Trailer and machine about 7000lbs this is my work any ideas on towing numbers as well I live in ohio not mountians but big hill steep climbs couple hundred yards or so up and down all day

Old 02-24-2012, 07:14 AM
War is the answer!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Turbo timer. Its not much more $$.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:33 AM

My ficm voltage is 48.5 always maybe change to 48 for less than a full second and back I start back to work april 1st I plan on getting my fuel pressure and what does a turbo timer do sorry for all the questions but what is the importance of a turbo timer should I say

Old 02-24-2012, 09:44 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
After running your truck real hard or after towing heavy, your EGT's at idle can be a bit high. You really don't want to shut off your truck if your EGT's are up above 400*, it's bad for the bearings/shaft in the turbo.

You will want to let your motor cool down before shutting off. You can either wait and watch your EGT gauge to get down below 400*, then shut off the truck. Or you could use a turbo timer.

A turbo timer is set up to turn your truck off at what ever EGT temp you choose. This allows you to remove the keys from the ignition, but the truck will still be running until the desired EGT is reached, then the turbo timer shuts off your truck.

Think of it as the opposite of a remote start. Most people use a remote start to warm up their vehicle. A turbo timer allows you to leave the motor running until the motor cools down.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:51 AM
War is the answer!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The recomended shutoff temp is 350*
Old 02-24-2012, 10:38 AM

I also just installed the CTS monitor (was using the Livewire, but it just got too bulky). If you're interested, there's a thread somewhere about people buying a backup camera off ebay for i think $18.99 free shipping, that plugs into the back of the CTS - could be useful for you if you use the hitch often, and certainly cheaper than the $250 Edge wants for their camera setup.

More importantly, though, as you and the others have said, keep a close eye on ECT/EOT/EGT and your fuel pressure. I hope you enjoy your CTS as much as I have so far.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:17 AM

Lol I get so excited about my truck that I take my wife out and show her everything and explain things to her from what I've learned not that she really even cares lol this is my first full size truck more or less truck of my dreams just wait to see what it looks like over the next yr I think all will be impressed

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.