new to forum. hello to all - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
new to forum. hello to all

Hey friends, I am new to the forum. I have been following for a couple of weeks and decided to join. As I searched old threads many questions were answered and many NEW questions were created! I have a stock 2005 F250 Crewcab SWB 2WD truck. It has 163K on it now. I had the oil cooler and EGR cooler replaced last year.

Thought about delete kit but the fella doing the work(27 years diesel mechanic for ford)talked me out of it. I have started to have STICTION issues in the last month. I have checked FICM and getting 48 volts thru all phases of starting and running. No issues there so I changed all filters and oil. Running Rotella 10/40 changed every 5 k. I have ordered Arcoil 9100. Will try that out tomorrow.

I love this truck so I am looking for any help with keeping it on the road for another 200k if possible. It has all the power I need to pull my 40 ft RV so I am just wondering if I should stay stock or do I need to start looking at altering stock parts? Im kind of scared of altering anything cuz it seems once I change 1 thing I have to change everything. Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2012, 02:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I can't imagine why a mechanic would talk you out of taking the EGR cooler off a 6.0. It is the single most problematic part and the root cause for ALOT of the common issues. If your stuck on keeping the EGR cooler, I would atleast do a coolant flush and put ELC coolant in it. That will atleast help fight against the oil cooler getting stopped up and making the EGR cooler rupture.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:34 PM

I think the Mechanics have been trained by Ford to tell customers NOT to take off the EGR cooler. There is no reason not to take it off if you live in a state that doesn't check for such things. I doubt you would have any issues just pulling a camper from state to state. If you don't want to take it off then switch to a Bullet Proof Diesel EGR cooler. It's pricey but should give you a piece of mind. If you are having STICTION issues I recommend two bottles of REV X in your next oil change (or now if you just changed it not to long ago.) I get mine off of Amazon. It will do a world of good for your truck as long as the turbo or injectors are not to far gone. My truck loves it along with Rotella T6 5w-40 full synthetic, which is something else I recommend. Prevents stiction and better heat dissipation and you can run it all year long. Really great in the winter, easier starts on your truck. Lots of great info on this site if you look for it or just ask. Welcome to the site
Old 02-22-2012, 05:38 PM
Cowgirl forever!!!

Welcome to the org.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:13 PM

Old 02-22-2012, 06:49 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
Old 02-22-2012, 06:55 PM
Premium Member

Welcome to the org

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-22-2012, 07:04 PM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I have one recommendation for you, get a monitor and/or gauges. You need to watch Oil Temp and Coolant Temp and Fuel Pressure for sure. Keeping an eye on EGTs and FICM voltage is a good idea too. Check out the Edge Insight CTS or CS, or the scan gauge II and some analog gauges. It may cost you $ 500-700 to get a decent engine monitoring system set up, but it will save you thousands on repairs down the road.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:21 PM

If you are having stiction a 5w40 Syn oil is a must plus you injectors will like it and only use Ford or Racor filter max 5k because of the shear of the oil by the injectors plus it will not coke the bearings. If you install a coolant filter do a good coolant flush and go back with ELC coolant so your deltas are low your egr cooler will be fine but if you want the best get the BPD cooler, i pull a 14k 5er with the max deltas of 10* solo 4* if i do anything it will be a BPD egr cooler, good set of gauges i like the Edge CTS and a fuel pressure gauge because under 45lbs at WOT kills injectors and over 70-75lbs may blow injector o-rings.
2 stroker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.