03 6.0 dtc codes? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
03 6.0 dtc codes?

I'm getting a po306 and a po603 code and I have a bad miss/skip. Is this a bad injector or pcm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2012, 10:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Same problem here. Anyone have ideas?
Old 02-21-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie32567 View Post
I'm getting a po306 and a po603 code and I have a bad miss/skip. Is this a bad injector or pcm?

P0603 C Powertrain Control Module Keep Alive Memory
(KAM) Error
No historical faults output during self test. Disconnected/Discharged Battery, Open PCM pin, faulty PCM.
P0306 C* Cylinder #6 Misfire Detected Indicates when cylinder 6 is misfiring due to a loss of
compression.

that first one could come if you have had batterys disconnected or weak battery and your voltage has dropped too low at some point.
or if you have a tuner and you have change the tune to your pcm...

is that P0306 realy P code and not U code ??
Old 02-21-2012, 08:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

yea a p code, could the loss of compression be from one of the o rings on the injector bad. I changed all the orings 30,000 ago. the factory o rings looked like they had been cut like they were not lubed before being shoved down into the injector hole. The miss is worse at times and not so bad at other times. what code would you get if the injector was bad and not firing? I had the batteries unhooked to kill memory in comp. to see if that made a diff when every thing was relearned.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:10 AM

I had the batteries unhooked to kill memory in comp. to see if that made a diff when every thing was relearned.[/QUOTE]

i think that cause the KAM error.

about the other code im not so sure, maby that injector is coming to end of his life... cause if the issue comes and goes i dont think that it is leak.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

guess I'm goin blind, juzatheman asked if I was sure the 306 code was a PO and not a UO, well I went out this morn and deleted codes and hooked to the the stock trailer to move a horse from one pasture to another. Got home and read the codes again, UO-306 and po-1000. UO-306 is ford software not compatible with the ficm. Two years ago I did an egr delete, replaced 3 injectors, icp sensor, complete wireing harness and a new ficm. Every thing I read said the new ficm would have to be reflashed by Ford before it would work, sometimes you might get one that would work enough to limp to the dealer and not have to have it towed to dealer for reflashing. This ficm worked perfect when I put it on so I did'nt have it reflashed, well 30,000 mi later I guess it wants to be reflashed. I'm getting it reflashed in the morn.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:22 PM

don't worry about the U0306 code it think. i have one my self but its cause of my swamps 58V FIMC wount' effect anything so i have told.

so then we are back to the KAM error and if that was caused the battery disconnect thing tthen we are back at starting point...?
Old 02-22-2012, 03:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

after clearing the codes this morn, the only two showing now is the u306 and the p1000. I might be wrong but i;m thinking the 1000 might be caused by the egr delete because that code is always on there. but I still have the miss, sometimes barely able to tell its missing and sometimes the truck pure jerks its missing so bad. how would you tell if an injector is bad?
Old 02-23-2012, 09:19 AM

funny it shouldnt be., it shoud go away after some time runing the truck
P1000 C O R OBD Systems Readiness Test Not Complete Drive cycle is not complete.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

took truck to ford this morn, they told me that the ficm reflash would'nt help the miss/skip. So I decided not to get it done, taking it back in the morn to let them run diagnostic, they said a lot of probs with the 6.0 would not show a code on the handheld code readers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.