Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Hey looney guys

2K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  TooMuch03 
#1 ·
Ok so this guy tries to get me to race him all the time. Seeing him around town a few times. Problem is he has a new 5.0 mustang and I'm in a crew long bed... So my question is.. Does anyone think I can keep up with the looney tune? I never try cause I'm stock besides the exhaust but I want to get an sct and get looney. Let me know guys. Thanks!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#3 ·
Not the newer mustangs...lol. An older one sure if it doesnt have any work done to it.

#6 ·
I have run against the new 5.0 at the 1/8th mile track. I had him until we got right at the end then he passed me. I run 8.7-8.8 at 76 mph and he ran 8.5-8.6 at about 85. Like said before a shorter race favors you but only if you can get it from a dead stop.

#8 ·
Yeah, the Looney is a fast tune, but a new 5.0 is gonna take it. We'd definitely like to see some video of it though, thanks :hehe:

#12 ·
Just like the Honey Badger, the Honey Badger don't give a $h1+. LOL!!

A video would be great!! Note to self: don't mess with the new 5.0's.

#9 ·
dont feel to bad if a guy in a new v8 sports car beats you in a 8000# crew cab long bed.

Get an sct and some tunes anyway though, you will still be able to lay a hurt down on lots of other sporty cars out there :)

#16 ·
Hahahaha funny stuff!! No I'm fully aware that I'm at a very large disadvantage. I just want to stay kinda close to tell him that an 8k+ truck kept up. I know my truck won't smoke him without some serious $$$. Thanks for the comments though. I needed to smile today. My brother always bags on my truck cause he had a 04 6.0 and now has a 2011 6.7. I really would love to beat his a$$ though!!

#18 ·
Ya for sure! He is 100% stock. He won't change a thing! We took his 38' tow hauler up a long grade and he did 65 all the way up on cruise controller. I took mine up the same hill with my 31' 5th wheel and had it floored at 55MpH :-( very sad day for me

#19 ·
well I will get my sct livewire tuner tuseday and I'm so excited I can hardly sleep:hehe: I had a sct tuner for my 03 f250 5.4L and I was way more than happy with it. I have only ever heard great things about sct. The only thing that people ever say they don't like about sct is you can't tune on the fly. but I was told any time you do tune on the fly it doesn't tune your tranny cuz the truck has to turn off first. I was also told if you don't want to burn your tranny up sct is the only way to go.:sct:

#20 ·
Just think how stupid he's going to look with his date in the passenger seat and an 8000lb truck is all but keeping up with him. Unless she's really dumb!!! she'll realize maybe he's a little short in the groin as well LOL.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.